Lost A F@#King Center Cap

smoothdime

• 1 month later...

I can tell a difference between the factory center caps and the after market one. the new one definitely fits tighter. I think the reason the last one fell off was due to operator error banghead.gif even with the slight amount of play i'm sure they wont fall off. gary

I noticed when I did a brake job on my truck that all of the center caps are loose fitting. Anyone else notice this on their truck? I know they're keyed to fit on only one way, but I can still wiggle them around fairly easily after they are put on. :dunno:

Yea the same thing scare me when I was cleaning the rims last week

Im taking a trip to Cali this weekend and I was thinking of taking them off and putting them back on when I get there lol

Im not 100 percent sure but when I had my stock rims behind the centre cap there is a picture of a tire valve. So I positioned the cap with respect to the tire valve and I didn't lose another one and they fit on a lot better. Look behind your stock caps there should be a little picture of a tire valve.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Found some new oem center caps for the chrome ss rims on ebay. The seller is realdealzauto (same seller who sells oem ss grilles). Prices seem good, $30 each or $115 for for (can make an offer on it too). Just a heads up in case anyone is looking for some new center caps for their chrome ss rims.