KC Meet

matts tranny is all good now. we had a problem with, as joe put it, sparkly shit in the pan. :lol: ... turns out he broke the drum. we straped it to craigs truck and brought it back to bob's shop. got up in the monring and the zip man and tj tore it apart and got it fixed. thanks i part to the local trans shop, the guy pulled the drum out of his trucks tranny that was to go in this week just so we could get matt's truck fixed up...

back of the buses (brent's) truck is back to stock :wtf: ...there was a ticking sound coming from #5. drove er home anyways, with one hand on the wheel and one hand on the onstar button ready incase of emergency...apperantly the ticking disappeared...will it be back??? :confused: i am sure that brent will have plenty to contribute regarding this truck in the coming days...

..., and brent broke his truck (#5 cylinder problem)

hmmmmmmmmmm, interesting choice of words. :wtf: opinions vary on this topic but just like the owl in the old tootsie pop commercials, the world may never know. :rolleyes: As long as it gets fixed...... Go GM go! :chevy: (sung with skirt and pom poms, cheerleader style) :chevy: ...the lessons learned are acceptable.

The internal engine banging, ahem(clearing throat :D ) not ticking.... is definitely still there now that the truck has cooled off again. There was one area of the trip this afternoon during a refueling stop, where the internal engine, "not so good noises," was not appearant and may have not been existant. But, on to the dealership in the morning. And now I remember why I got rid of the original equipment exhaust as soon as I bought this truck.... However, Thanks Bob for having the most important part needed to get me warranty help should this turn out to be extensive.

BTW, As if I didn't start out with enough on my plate today...

There was an accident in temple TX, where a car came into the oncoming lanes and head-on-ed someone in the southbound (same direction I was going) lanes. Traffic was shut down on my side, no passing, no moving, no getting out of there in the sun with 3 lanes and me in the middle.... So I go to sit in traffic, not moving, 99* outside, with no A/C, waiting on the care flight chopper to land on the highway.... while my truck overheated because the E-fans VSC went out. :( No more fans for anyone at the back of the bus. :uhoh: Truck overheated went into reduced engine power... :shakehead: I nursed it back with a Friday night at the track specialty of starting the engine with compressor on, temp set at 90 for a few seconds, then letting it sit with key in on, no motor for almost 30 minutes while we waited on the heli, I was trying to get the engine back down to normal.... :sigh: Tranny got to almost 300* engine over the 260* mark. :sick: It could have been much worse, and I am thankful to be home. :thumbs: Man, what a weekend, what a drive... This is a free site, so... short prayer, "Lord be with the people involved in that accident. Hope they turn out ok."

Last comment on this for now, so in summary class....

Click’… There’s no place like home. ‘Click’ ‘Click’....

‘Click’… There’s no place like home… ‘Click’ ‘Click’…. ‘Click’....

‘Click’ ‘Click’ ‘Click’… THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!… ‘Click’ Click’…..

’Click’ ‘Click’ ‘Click’……………. ‘CLICK’ ‘CLICK’ ‘CLICK…’ ‘Click’ Click’……

59386834.jpg

The proffesor.... Dr. Brent.

..., and brent broke his truck (#5 cylinder problem)

hmmmmmmmmmm, interesting choice of words. :wtf: opinions vary on this topic but just like the owl in the old tootsie pop commercials, the world may never know. :rolleyes: As long as it gets fixed...... Go GM go! :chevy: (sung with skirt and pom poms, cheerleader style) :chevy: ...the lessons learned are acceptable.

The internal engine banging, ahem(clearing throat :D ) not ticking.... is definitely still there now that the truck has cooled off again. There was one area of the trip this afternoon during a refueling stop, where the internal engine, "not so good noises," was not appearant and may have not been existant. But, on to the dealership in the morning. And now I remember why I got rid of the original equipment exhaust as soon as I bought this truck.... However, Thanks Bob for having the most important part needed to get me warranty help should this turn out to be extensive.

BTW, As if I didn't start out with enough on my plate today...

There was an accident in temple TX, where a car came into the oncoming lanes and head-on-ed someone in the southbound (same direction I was going) lanes. Traffic was shut down on my side, no passing, no moving, no getting out of there in the sun with 3 lanes and me in the middle.... So I go to sit in traffic, not moving, 99* outside, with no A/C, waiting on the care flight chopper to land on the highway.... while my truck overheated because the E-fans VSC went out. :( No more fans for anyone at the back of the bus. :uhoh: Truck overheated went into reduced engine power... :shakehead: I nursed it back with a Friday night at the track specialty of starting the engine with compressor on, temp set at 90 for a few seconds, then letting it sit with key in on, no motor for almost 30 minutes while we waited on the heli, I was trying to get the engine back down to normal.... :sigh: Tranny got to almost 300* engine over the 260* mark. :sick: It could have been much worse, and I am thankful to be home. :thumbs: Man, what a weekend, what a drive... This is a free site, so... short prayer, "Lord be with the people involved in that accident. Hope they turn out ok."

Last comment on this for now, so in summary class....

Click’… There’s no place like home. ‘Click’ ‘Click’....

‘Click’… There’s no place like home… ‘Click’ ‘Click’…. ‘Click’....

‘Click’ ‘Click’ ‘Click’… THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!… ‘Click’ Click’…..

’Click’ ‘Click’ ‘Click’……………. ‘CLICK’ ‘CLICK’ ‘CLICK…’ ‘Click’ Click’……

59386834.jpg

The proffesor.... Dr. Brent.

jeez are you not tired yet?? i have two words for you duct tape :jester:

glad you made it home ok and the mrs is happy.

No One with a radix came to play and my STS needed a slight re tune and didnt get to run it after the mods. But Brent ran a 13.75 i believe thats right not sure on the MPH 98/99?

Jonathan

Was that stock out of the box with about 8-9lbs. of boost?

Late- Alex

No One with a radix came to play and my STS needed a slight re tune and didnt get to run it after the mods.  But Brent ran a 13.75 i believe thats right not sure on the MPH 98/99?

Jonathan

Was that stock out of the box with about 8-9lbs. of boost?

Late- Alex

stock...with a built tranny and stall converter...might have to wait for brent for the specs...he stalled it good off the line...it was a much better run that the initial runs that were made by brent...

brent giving spec's? that'll go to the next page.  :jester:

better just start a new thread :jester:

You guys are baaaaaaaaaaad!

:D

AHEM...... Class. Escuchen, classe. Repete' la phrase' complete apres moi.

Built tranny, 3k stall, and an STS turbo making 7psi boost ran a 13.75 @98.8 against Matt who ran a 12.6 on 1200PSI NOS with a 150 shot. No Radix representation. It was at the shop being fixed from other issues. As Deezel mentioned, it was muggy and hot... I was running very lean at WOT. Not much tuning.

Archived