Just Got My Pcs Orders, Going To Montana?

smoothdime

Well like the title says, I just got my orders today. Malmstrom AFB, MT banghead.gif. It was definitely not on my radar but with my new job not much leeway. So I know there are a few members from Montana, so what am I in for? Whats the weather like? I like the cold, not Alaska cold cheers.gif, how much snow? Whats there to do during the summer? Anyone been to the Great Falls area before? From the map it looks pretty close to Canada. I guess I'll get to test the AWD come April. Lets hear it guys. Thanks Gary

welcome to MT mang. im in billings biggest city it montana. GF is about 3 and a half hours from billings never been there. montana isn't to bad it can get cold but not to bad. seems to be more and more SSS around montana anymore these days. if your ever around billing hit me up.

Just out of curiousity, what do you do in the AF?

Since I'm asking, I was a F-15 Crew Chief from 2005-2009.

I'm sure Montana will be nice, I lived in northern Idaho as a child and as some have mentioned, it does get cold but there are also some nice summers up that way. If you have never been to the north west it will be a wonderful eye opener thats for sure.

Good luck!

welcome to MT mang. im in billings biggest city it montana. GF is about 3 and a half hours from billings never been there. montana isn't to bad it can get cold but not to bad. seems to be more and more SSS around montana anymore these days. if your ever around billing hit me up.

thanks man. I guess my parents rode their Harley's up there last year and said its really nice. might not be a bad assignment. I'll be there for about 3 yrs so I'm sure we'll be in billings sometime.

thanks man. I guess my parents rode their Harley's up there last year and said its really nice. might not be a bad assignment. I'll be there for about 3 yrs so I'm sure we'll be in billings sometime.

yeah there is always a ton of bike that come rolling through in the summer time. when r they sending you up here?

Just out of curiousity, what do you do in the AF?

Since I'm asking, I was a F-15 Crew Chief from 2005-2009.

I'm sure Montana will be nice, I lived in northern Idaho as a child and as some have mentioned, it does get cold but there are also some nice summers up that way. If you have never been to the north west it will be a wonderful eye opener thats for sure.

Good luck!

OSI

yeah there is always a ton of bike that come rolling through in the summer time. when r they sending you up here?

should be there the last 2 weeks of April. sh*tty thing is I'm still in southeast Georgia at school!!! so i don't get home until march 15th and then start packingfreak3.gifeek6.gifcrazy.gif

should be there the last 2 weeks of April. sh*tty thing is I'm still in southeast Georgia at school!!! so i don't get home until march 15th and then start packingfreak3.gifeek6.gifcrazy.gif

oh yeah. you will be just in time for the weather to be nice. as most people say thats when montana is pretty.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)