Just Got My Pcs Orders, Going To Montana?

smoothdime

OSI

Well Congratulations!

I thought about that route, but instead separated after my enlistment and am now pursuing civilian law enforcement. Two totally different things I know, but pro's and con's to everything.

Good Luck with your career!

Well Congratulations!

I thought about that route, but instead separated after my enlistment and am now pursuing civilian law enforcement. Two totally different things I know, but pro's and con's to everything.

Good Luck with your career!

Ya the application process to get in is no joke. but after all the training you can get out and work for any of the 3 letter agencies no problem!! a few more weeks and ill be a federal agent ughdance.gifdbanana.gifpeelout.gifthumb.gif

Edited by smoothdime (see edit history)

Malstrom is a pretty good base. I am in the Army out of Missoula, MT but have lived in Great Falls (Home to Malstrom) for about 13 years prior to moving to the northern Hi-Line. Great Falls has around 60,000 people and is the 7th most windy place in the United States. It does get damn cold especially with the wind chill. The average annual snow fall for Great Falls is almost 64 inches. The AWD is an awesome feature to have in a climate like MT. Here, a rear wheel drive vehicle belongs in a garage as it is worthless in our 11 months of winter (at least that is what it feels like). I am very familiar with the Great Falls area and would love the opportunity to move back there. The hunting and fishing is awesome and there are plenty of things to do. It will be quite the change but Malstrom is a decent, clean base. Any other questions, just let me know. There are a few of us on here from Montana. My current residence is about 110 miles north of Great Falls. Good Luck.

Edited by hi-line-ss (see edit history)

Well I live in butte montana (the mining city) aka the richest hill on earth haha. Honestly I love montana and don't think I could ever move away from here. Born and raised here. I used to race mx so I've been to almost every city in mt. Well the bigger ones. Great falls is a nice place but it seems like every timne I was there it was very windy like hiliness said. Butte is about 3 to 3.5 hours away. If your every headin down towards butte hit me up. As hiliness said if ya ever need to know somethin let me no and well see wat we can do for ya. The awd is a must up in mt.

would it be a safe assumption that there's some good trails around the area? i was thinking about getting another K5 for some back woods trail riding!! I dont think the wife would appreciate me taking her tahoe out wheelin idiot.gif

thanks for the info Cody. so that puts you what about 10 miles from the border? the whole 7th windiest place sucks but anyone thats lived in Wichita, Ks knows about wind.

Actually 39 miles from the border! Great Falls is in the flat part of Montana but there are plenty of trails around Tracy and Sand Coulee. For Mountains, just head 1/2 hour south by Wolf Creek to start to get into the Rockies. Butte is in the heart of the Rockies and is about 150 miles south of GF as millersss stated with the Berkely Pit as a must see (google it, kinda interesting). GF has the Missouri running through the middle of it too. Definately a place I would look forward to as I plan to make my way back to Butte or GF. Good luck with the move, I knew a few of the airmen there and a few colonels that run some of the silos and everyone I know so far are great guys, should be fun.

I thought your Korea orders got canceled??

I wish they did. Pres. Obama and the Pentagon said I had to go. I even got a letter saying I was hand picked for a special high fill assignment. WTF I hate it.

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

I wish they did. Pres. Obama and the Pentagon said I had to go. I even got a letter saying I was hand picked for a special high fill assignment. WTF I hate it.

thats to bad man. all my buddy's that have been there had a great time. they say the time goes by fast.