Truckin' Magazine'S Throwdown

funceca88

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My wife got an email today from Dan Ward at Truckin that we are invited. She signed up about a month ago after I saw this post.

We are going in her ride and I am gonna be the driver. We were told they are going to have a professional driver do the laps on the Top Gear road course for liability reasons but we do all the other events.

I am suprised we even heard back from the guy. I am pretty excited.

• 4 weeks later...

Question:

is going with a half tank of gas better than with a full tank to the event?

im wondering if the extra weight would be a good or bad idea

I am filling our tank up just so i dont have to worry about it.....

I was hoping to be able to make it, but work schedule isn't helping. I haven't been at my job long enough to pick and chose my days off much yet. Should be fun to see and even more cool that they are using the Top Gear track.

not if i have to let someone drive my truck .

Haha can't blame you - I'm not sure Truckin mag has that level of insurace coverage, in case the unexpected worst case were to happen.

Mr. P. :)

Haha can't blame you - I'm not sure Truckin mag has that level of insurace coverage, in case the unexpected worst case were to happen.

Mr. P. :)

The email we got says "This has been well thought out, our parent company has a $4,000,000 insurance policy for the test facility, so please rest assured".

That is more than enough for me to let a professional driver drive my ride.

I can understand where Chase is coming from with the time and money put into that truck but a jeep with a bolt on I am not that worried about it. Besides I think Chase has the motor out of his truck right now...