Lake Tahoe, too high...

haynss

I was headed up to North shore this weekend. Just after Truckee there is this rig chugging along up the hill. There are passing lanes but traffic is heading the other way. Finally I get a chance to pass so I hit it and was that little 20mph bog, where the truck is inbetween and wont downshift to 1st. I was like damn where has my power gone. Any how i justify it with the above thought. I then get into tahoe and I start hearing a whine (first though, ryan is hidding in my truck), so me and my buddy check the fluids, everything is fine, temps are normal etc... I'm a little worried so we get back on road and I floor it, I felt like i was in my civic again :nonod: No throw back nothing. Then I realize we are up about 6-7000 feet and the lack of air is just killing my truck as well as me when i walk. Got home yesterday and the black beauty was back to normal.

I just didnt realize altitude affected the HP that much, very interesting!!!

I was just 30 minutes away from tahoe (Reno) and you didn't even stop by. What an insult :cry: Was it smokey at all on the north shore. I'm sure all the ash in the air doesn't help things much. For those of you who haven't seen the news our tiny capital of Carson City was nearly burned to the ground last week!

PS

A supercharger would help that altitude thing.

Archived