electric exaust cut outs

BigTex still had stock restrictive muffler at that time, I believe. I think the tuning difference would depend on where you put the cutouts and how good the muffler flows. In place of the cats, its pretty much open pipes vs. long pipes and muffler.

hmmm... crazy idea occurs to me :crazy:

If you put cutouts in a system with a remote mount turbo, you could run N/A with the cutouts open and boosted with them closed. :jester:

BigTex still had stock restrictive muffler at that time, I believe. I think the tuning difference would depend on where you put the cutouts and how good the muffler flows. In place of the cats, its pretty much open pipes vs. long pipes and muffler.

hmmm... crazy idea occurs to me :crazy:

If you put cutouts in a system with a remote mount turbo, you could run N/A with the cutouts open and boosted with them closed. :jester:

True, but was this before or after he did the muffler mod. :confused:

A better flowing exhaust, would lessen the gap between the tunes for sure. :thumbs:

the problem with cutouts on this truck is velocity. if the pipes were smaller like 2 1/4 or 2 1/2, it would work out better. the pipes are so big that with two cutouts it lowers the velocity enough to require a seperate program to make it work. if you had a y-pipe just before the muffler and ran a single inlet/single outlet muffler you could make it work well just in front of that. on a set up with a supercharger or something you could probably pull it off easier since the exhaust is going to be coming out at a high enough volume to keep the velocity up. a turbo set up i wouldn't even run a muffler.

Archived