My SS vs. HD F150

jwest1975

OK OK.....so the title was designed to get your attention. Well, it worked! I couldn't pass up the chance to snap a few pictures of these two competing sweet ass trucks! This post was NOT intended to provoke another argument/discussion over which one is better. We already know that both trucks have there pluses and minuses. If you are looking to post negative comments, please go else where! The pictured black truck is what many people consider to be the competition that the Silverado SS was targeted against. It is the Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 SuperCrew. Enjoy these pictures for a little comparison!

SS-HD1A.jpg

SS-HD2A.jpg

SS-HD3A.jpg

SS-HD4A.jpg

:cool::thumbs::flag::seeya:

Justin :chevy:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great comparison on a couple points. Overall height, ride height and wheels. That SS sits really nice in stock form and those wheels are growing on me. Kinda like the BMW wheels....they look good in the silver paint. So do these SS wheels!

Galen

Is it my imagination, or does the F150 HD have a shorter bed? In any event, the picture does highlight (to me) why I didn't by the F150 HD, I just don't like the looks very much. Then there is that Harley Davidson image. Somehow I just don't identify with the overweight, hygienically challenged guy with a motorcycle that barely runs and is way too loud. :D

does the F150 HD have a shorter bed?  

I think so, but I am not certain. It is a crew cab with 4 full doors. They are bucket seats in the back, so they had to come up with the room some where!

Justin :chevy:

Bob,

No sorrys necessary, those pictures let me know I made the right choice in going with the Harley. And by the way dcairns, I am not fat and dirty, I work on government contracts as a unexploded ordnance disposal tech. (Bomb disposal) I am clean cut, in excelent shape and make a very good living. Thanks.

• Admin
And by the way dcairns, I am not fat and dirty, I work on government contracts as a unexploded ordnance disposal tech. (Bomb disposal) I am clean cut, in excelent shape and make a very good living. Thanks.

:lol::lol:

And by the way dcairns, I am not fat and dirty, I work on government contracts as a unexploded ordnance disposal tech. (Bomb disposal) I am clean cut, in excelent shape and make a very good living. Thanks.

Bombtech -

(so that is what you name means :D ) I was not trying to make any personal attacks, just poking some fun at the stereotype. I know that alot of the Harley owners out here in SoCal, are accountants, programmers and engineers during the week and like to break loose with and pretend to be bad-boy bikers on the weekend. On the other hand, I do have some neighbors down the street that reinforce the stereotype quite well :D. Sorry if you took it wrong.

Its funny to me that Fords has to add the Name Harley Davidson to their truck help sell it, and all chevy has to do is slap an SS on the side and they sell like hot cakes.

SORRY FORD!!!

Ford Owners - Its about time you realize how much you suck, that you have to have Harley Davidson to help you build a semi-cool truck.

I don't know what is going on with the Harley's, but I have observed this: There must be at least 20, 2002 Harleys for sale in a regional auto trader magazine in my area. Most of them have less than 12K miles on them. These Harleys are in about a 100 mile radius. Go figure!!!!! :chevy::flag:

I saw this posted in another forum and thought i'd attempt to reply to it. I'll keep all the words small so you can all understand. First off the Ford/Harley alliance is due to a few factors. Harley and Ford both were founded in 1903. Both are the best selling, and both are quality.

The reason you see so many Harleys for sale is because more people own them. The same as when people say "The only bikes I ever see on the side of the road are Harleys." The reason for that is no one takes those ricers on road trips.... I happen to have 2 HD's, 1 is 1985 and has 69,000 miles on it since 1996....never done anything but change tires and oil. The other is 1998 full dresser with 32,000 miles on it...wrench free.

As for the image...HAHAHA...you crack me up.... What image does Chevy truck owners have?.... Redneck... guys who take their Chevy trucks and drive to the family reunion looking for a date....and finding one!!

Anytime you want to find why I own a Harley truck, just pull up beside me to race...... bye bye... isn't "Chevrolet" a french word for "redneck"..... :lol::lol:

I saw this posted in another forum and thought i'd attempt to reply to it. I'll keep all the words small so you can all understand. First off the Ford/Harley alliance is due to a few factors. Harley and Ford both were founded in 1903. Both are the best selling, and both are quality.

The reason you see so many Harleys for sale is because more people own them. The same as when people say "The only bikes I ever see on the side of the road are Harleys." The reason for that is no one takes those ricers on road trips....  I happen to have 2 HD's, 1 is 1985 and has 69,000 miles on it since 1996....never done anything but change tires and oil. The other is 1998 full dresser with 32,000 miles on it...wrench free.

As for the image...HAHAHA...you crack me up.... What image does Chevy truck owners have?.... Redneck... guys who take their Chevy trucks and drive to the family reunion looking for a date....and finding one!!

Anytime you want to find why I own a Harley truck, just pull up beside me to race...... bye bye... isn't "Chevrolet" a french word for "redneck".....  :lol:  :lol:

:nono: Guys - why don't we leave the fighting to the military and try to get along. I am far from a red neck and I drive the SS, an Audi A4, and a Corvette. I have been a Chevy guy since I built a 57 Chevy in the 60's however have driven many other brands. I came close to purchasing the Harley, the only problem I had was that it was black, and black drives me nuts trying to keep it clean. So, from my point of view, I think all the Ford trucks are great, I like the "L" however the SS fit my needs best.

So, enjoy the diversity of our interests. :flag:

I guess complements about Fords will not even work huh!

Archived