My SS vs. HD F150

jwest1975

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sleep: Miami_Lightning, I find it interesting that you have just joined today and already have nasty comments on the SSS. Are you sure that you are just not someone hiding behind a new name? :confused:

...anyway... :pop: ...enjoying the show :thumbs:

a 13.5 is far from stupid fast. a 4.10 gear with tires that tall isn't alot of gear, more the problem with the ss referring to that area aside from the excessive weight and awd is it's lack of stall speed. as for the harley only being fast in a straight line on dry pavement, well you shouldn't be racing on anything other than dry pavement and i'm sure on a road course where handling, braking, and overall power come in to play i'd say the harley would still come out ahead. this would be a good time to take the faster rcsb 2wd and run against it.

a 4.10 gear with tires that tall isn't alot of gear, more the problem with the ss referring to that area aside from the excessive weight and awd is it's lack of stall speed.

Exactly, When i went from the stock 29" tires to the 33" tires on my 2wd 5.3 I had switch from 3.73 to 4.10, and alomst wish that I had gone with 4.56s. My final drive ratio in 3rd (direct) after installing the 4.10 my final drive ratio in 3rd is around 3.66 which is still higher than 3.73 i had on the stock tires. In OD at 75 mph, I'm only turning about 1900 rpm.

As far as the stall problem, I'm sure that its nothing that a yank couldn't solve! :D

• 3 weeks later...

zippy

So if a 5500 lb crew cab truck that runs 13.41 at 106 mph isn't stupid fast maybe you can tell me how fast your crew cab is. Last time I looked a crew cab that beats 5.0 Mustangs, Buick Grand Nationals, and a 72 454 Vette is pretty stout. The Mustang and the Buick were mine and the Vette still is. I guess 0-60 in 4.94 seconds isn't much to write home about either.

zippy

So if a 5500 lb crew cab truck that runs 13.41 at 106 mph isn't stupid fast maybe you can tell me how fast your crew cab is. Last time I looked a crew cab that beats 5.0 Mustangs, Buick Grand Nationals, and a 72 454 Vette is pretty stout. The Mustang and the Buick were mine and the Vette still is. I guess 0-60 in 4.94 seconds isn't much to write home about either.

:thumbs:

zippy

So if a 5500 lb crew cab truck that runs 13.41 at 106 mph isn't stupid fast maybe you can tell me how fast your crew cab is. Last time I looked a crew cab that beats 5.0 Mustangs, Buick Grand Nationals,  and a 72 454 Vette is pretty stout. The Mustang and the Buick were mine and the Vette still is. I guess 0-60 in 4.94 seconds isn't much to write home about either.

good point

Archived