Odd Noises

Wicked_SS

i noticed the other day when i was parking and the radio was down that when i turn to the left or right im hearing a low pitched whining noise...ive never heard it before in any of my cars and im not sure what it would be. im hesitant to take it to the dealership cause of past experiences :uhoh:

i also noticed tho that when its in park and idling, there seems to be a higher pitched idling noise above the rest, dunno if that makes sense but i dont know how else to explain it.

i noticed the other day when i was parking and the radio was down that when i turn to the left or right im hearing a low pitched whining noise...i

could be the power steering pump mine does it when i try to get into a tight spot

parking when i turn the wheel with little or no movement forward or backwards

could also check ps fluid

as for the outher :confused::confused: sorry...

:seeya:

Mine does it too. I wrote it off as the Viscous coupling in the AWD unit. Drive a 4WD truck, around a sharp corner, slowly and listen to the tires chirp. The Viscious Coupling allows for some slipping so an AWD vehicle doesn't chirp it's tires. The side effect, you here the VC working. :thumbs:

maybe its the rarely seen and never photographed hidden factory super charger? :jester:

Much like bigfoot, this legendary feature is often mentioned but has yet to be proven to exist. :jester:

Oh.... and don't worry Lee. Mine makes a whining noise all the time. Not just when I nail her, my wife that is. :cry:

Archived