track testing

impalarasser

just got back from racing at Brainerd international raceway and my best time was a 14.510 at 89.32 mph. i found reving at 2400 rpm and shifting out of first into second into therd gave me the best times. btw: i have a diablo program and cold air intake.

what do you guys do that give you your best times? :confused:

ps: i raced my dad and his ssr and it was an absoute dog. he couldn't brake into the low 15s to save his life. he told me next time he was bringing the Lighting, but it was a lot of fun racing my pops. :)

how did you get that high a launch rpm with a stock converter? also, if you can program your own shift points why did you shift it? just wondering. the mph is very low for that kind of e.t. also.... :confused:

my understanding is or thought process was rase the rpms as high before the car moves. it didnt move at 2400 nor did it fall on its face when the brake was released. next i didnt program shit points because i fricken hate it when the message center says engine power reduced so my theory is out of site out of mind. the less i play with the programer the better off my truck is. next understand that i am in minnesota, it is cooler up here and i was racing in the eveing not muggy or hot. i went out and did some normal passed keeping it in drive the whole time and i turned out normal times. i can see that this is surring up contraversy so zippy when i get out of work i can send you all my time slips if you would like. then you can speak for the board and accept my slips or tell me im full of crap. :smash:

the less i play with the programer the better off my truck is

IMO, the more you attempt to shift manually, the worse off your tranny is. Nothing like missing a shift on something that wasn't intended to be manually shifted. One preson already had to do a rebuild for manually doing it. Your truck.... Why do you get issues with the reduced power mode for changing shift points? Just how high are you trying to shift at? Never had that problem with LS1 edit.

Great time though :thumbs:

nobody is calling you a liar or anything, it's just an odd quarter time with that mph. if you had a high stall it would easily explain the 2400 launch rpm and low mph with good e.t. not sure why you get the message on the shift points though, that's something completely new to me.

the less i play with the programer the better off my truck is

IMO, the more you attempt to shift manually, the worse off your tranny is. Nothing like missing a shift on something that wasn't intended to be manually shifted. One preson already had to do a rebuild for manually doing it. Your truck.... Why do you get issues with the reduced power mode for changing shift points? Just how high are you trying to shift at? Never had that problem with LS1 edit.

Great time though :thumbs:

:withstupid: Curious about the "Reduced Power" messages. :confused:

nobody is calling you a liar or anything, it's just an odd quarter time with that mph. if you had a high stall it would easily explain the 2400 launch rpm and low mph with good e.t. not sure why you get the message on the shift points though, that's something completely new to me.

Most of the handhelds do get that message (according to Ron at Superchips). He didn't know why, but thought it was meaningless as long as it went away after the hand-held cleared the DTCs after programming.

....I too have a low MPH for a relatively good E.T. I do 90MPH with 14.2 ET. No tailgate, spare, low gas, no jack and crap and I do 14.00 @ 90.4 MPH :wtf: Still working on the tuning....been real busy lately.

....I too have a low MPH for a relatively good E.T. I do 90MPH with 14.2 ET. No tailgate, spare, low gas, no jack and crap and I do 14.00 @ 90.4 MPH :wtf: Still working on the tuning....been real busy lately.

with a high stall that's common though.

Most of the handhelds do get that message (according to Ron at Superchips). He didn't know why, but thought it was meaningless as long as it went away after the hand-held cleared the DTCs after programming.

Quess that's another good reason to do it by yourself, right. :thumbs:

Archived