track testing

impalarasser

....I too have a low MPH for a relatively good E.T.  I do 90MPH with 14.2 ET.  No tailgate, spare, low gas, no jack and crap and I do 14.00 @ 90.4 MPH  :wtf:  Still working on the tuning....been real busy lately.

with a high stall that's common though.

I agree. Just thought I could get more out of it.

nobody is calling you a liar or anything, it's just an odd quarter time with that mph. if you had a high stall it would easily explain the 2400 launch rpm and low mph with good e.t. not sure why you get the message on the shift points though, that's something completely new to me.

ok, i have talked to my dad, who had raced in the NHRA for ten years, comp natioal champ, prostock for 3 years. as for me i JR dragraced for 10 years and qualified 7 times to go to nationals, never went because of hockey. (enough blowing my own horn). He (my dad) said that 2400 rpms are not a lot because the car will not move untill 2800 under full brake. yes it is hard on the converter but it is possible (im not doing this every day or every weekend). it is not stalling out at 2400. not like im at 4000, 5000 that is a lot and a red light. now i can try out with the pcm shift points if the message means nothing, but i can tell you by manually shifting you will get more torq off the line. i know mannually is risky, but thats drag racing.

manually shifting doesn't change the amount of torque made off the line, the numbers produced can be read with autotap and a tech 2. i've tried both ways, same tm comes into play. i also don't understand the rpm thing. i've been in more than a few SS's and not one with a stock converter will pull over 2000rpm on the footbrake. anyone else able to duplicate this?

I'm of the same opinion as TurbochargedBezerker. How does short shifting an automatic accomplish anything ? :uhoh:

The guys that have really been drag racing your trucks,,,what produces the best ET ? :wtf:

WP

for me:

-Cold air temps and a cold engine and tranny was worth .5 for me

Anyway, back to the subject. When I had the stock converter, powerbraking gave me a noticeable increase for some reason (~.2-.3). I did have the TM removed though. When I had the 3K stall, the opposite was true. Just leaving at idle off the line was the biggest increase.

Archived