Anyone Else Really Low, Not Suspension I Mean Depressed

Barney

After 4 months man you have to do something to improve the situation instead of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself, all of us have it bad in some way or another. You obviously have internet access, your SS, and a place to stay...I dont see it being that bad for you. I work overseas as a civilian, your living like royalty right now...be apprieciative for what you have because A LOT of people have A LOT less.

Anything going on Barney? Did you get out the house and get a beer or see a movie? Make any calls to chat with someone? If you dont want to talk publicly, shoot me a PM. Not good to see a fellow SSer like this.

You really should go to the LVD meet, thatll take your mind off stuff.

Sorry to hear this. And yes like a few others here I can relate - totally. How I bounced-back was to first take care of myself, meaning literally my physical condition (eating and exercising right) and taking care of my personal business (career). Second thing that I did was not necessarily increase my own circle of friends, but add myself to a couple differing circles of friends, and within six months things really turned a corner for me, a turn that after a couple years is still "happening". Don't over-analyze the personal relationship failings yet, until you are kinda back on your feet - there's time to re-evalute your part of that situation later, when you've got your head back on an even keel and can be more objective.

For now, about the cheating ex - there are two SEPARATE issues at play, respect and affection, and these two subjects are totally independent of each other. It is obvious she did not have much affection for you i.e. she wasn't that into you and you are powerless to do anything about that - you cannot make someone love you. But, you DO have a lot of input on whether someone respects you, or looses respect for you. And what you describe is a case where a woman not only didn't have much adoration for you to begin with, but she also did not respect you or herself - if she had, she would have chosen to tell you that she wasn't interested in the relationship anymore rather than live a lie. She wasn't "crazy" but she was definitely a zero for integrity. This is advice from afar as I don't know you personally, but you probably just need some pointers on how to identify people that have poor integrity, and fix any behaviors that may cause others to loose respect and think they can walk all over you. Again that is free advice, I may be reading your situation completely wrong.

80-90% of women that cheat do so because they discover themselves unhappy in the relationship or the direction it is taking their lives, and instead of showing some backbone and leaving with their head high they instead are too afraid to live alone and shop for a replacement relationship to jump into. She's stereotypical. She's weak. She's afraid to be independent. She's common. She wasn't worthy of your feelings. And you're certainly better off without her.

It could be a lot worse. Yes I've had the surprise "I'm moving out tonight" scene, it's crushing, I know the feeling. It took three months for me to mourn the loss of that relationship. But as others said, consider yourself lucky that you weren't married. With kids.

And there is certainly *nothing* wrong with finding someone qualified to help you think out loud, and work things out. None of us know it all, and we each will be overwhelmed at least once in this life.

Mr. P. :)

:squintnoeswerdrun: That's why SSS.com is the best forum to be on theres always someone to help out.

Out of all the forums ive been on this one is the closest, and the amazing thing is that were from all over and we still get along like family. We have a great forum here.

agreed

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Not only a great forum and family, but a large group of people who share respect for others they've never met before. Ive only been on a few forums. But this one by far is the one I run to. with anything. I respect everyone of you guys. Never a dull moment but always leave with some kind of piece of mind! thank you guys

Sorry to hear this. And yes like a few others here I can relate - totally. How I bounced-back was to first take care of myself, meaning literally my physical condition (eating and exercising right) and taking care of my personal business (career). Second thing that I did was not necessarily increase my own circle of friends, but add myself to a couple differing circles of friends, and within six months things really turned a corner for me, a turn that after a couple years is still "happening". Don't over-analyze the personal relationship failings yet, until you are kinda back on your feet - there's time to re-evalute your part of that situation later, when you've got your head back on an even keel and can be more objective.

For now, about the cheating ex - there are two SEPARATE issues at play, respect and affection, and these two subjects are totally independent of each other. It is obvious she did not have much affection for you i.e. she wasn't that into you and you are powerless to do anything about that - you cannot make someone love you. But, you DO have a lot of input on whether someone respects you, or looses respect for you. And what you describe is a case where a woman not only didn't have much adoration for you to begin with, but she also did not respect you or herself - if she had, she would have chosen to tell you that she wasn't interested in the relationship anymore rather than live a lie. She wasn't "crazy" but she was definitely a zero for integrity. This is advice from afar as I don't know you personally, but you probably just need some pointers on how to identify people that have poor integrity, and fix any behaviors that may cause others to loose respect and think they can walk all over you. Again that is free advice, I may be reading your situation completely wrong.

80-90% of women that cheat do so because they discover themselves unhappy in the relationship or the direction it is taking their lives, and instead of showing some backbone and leaving with their head high they instead are too afraid to live alone and shop for a replacement relationship to jump into. She's stereotypical. She's weak. She's afraid to be independent. She's common. She wasn't worthy of your feelings. And you're certainly better off without her.

It could be a lot worse. Yes I've had the surprise "I'm moving out tonight" scene, it's crushing, I know the feeling. It took three months for me to mourn the loss of that relationship. But as others said, consider yourself lucky that you weren't married. With kids.

And there is certainly *nothing* wrong with finding someone qualified to help you think out loud, and work things out. None of us know it all, and we each will be overwhelmed at least once in this life.

Mr. P. :)

ain't it funny how women take the same path when they rip your guts out lol. I went through the "I'm moving out tonight" thing also.

Alright Barney, where you at? Chime back in, let us know how things are going. Hows the truck doing? Hows the weather? How about them Jets and Giants?

I would highly suggest grabbing some Adams detail products and spend a long time on the truck and making it sparkle. I know when I am detailing my mind is only on the paint of the truck with some good music in the background. I cant deal with people around me when I detail, I get sidetracked and loose my concentration.