moto x tricks

davechevyss

I've always followed Moto-x, Super-X and Freestyle, I've been riding for 15 years now, used to be big into jumping. I split my kneecap in two pieces one year while riding, and was on crutches while I went to the Gravity Games that year, so I got to be on the platform for handicap people right on the course and watched Carey Hart pull the first ever backflip in competition. This camera crew and one other guy were on the handicap platform with us, they started filming one of the guys (who turned out to be Hart's Father) and as soon as he pulled the flip, the guys all jumped up and literally jumped over me and my friends over the railing and ran out to talk to Carey. I've met most of the freestyle guys, and actually chatted with Travis on numerous occasions for 10+ minutes. Hell, Travis talked to my mom for over 15 minutes before his first run the first year of the Gravity Games, then my mom went and chatted it up with Travis' parents who are both REALLY great people. I've talked to Deegan, Faisst, Adams, Bartram, Jones, and the list goes on and on, most of them are awsome people. Mike Jones is a really cool dude actually, he welcomed me to come over and have a convo. with him while he was packing his stuff up after the first years gravity games, really awsome guy. When I first got to the games the 2nd year, Metzger welcomed me to come over and pet his Pit who was in the back of his truck while I talked to him as he unloaded his gear from his trailer. All of these guys are great, wonderful people who deserve every ounce of respect they get. I'm always wishing the best for them whenever I hear of a new competition somewhere.

No Travis didnt pull it...And i think about everythone watching both on TV and in the stands was happy he didnt. He put in such a good run he showed so much heart, everyone could see how much he put into the run and no one wanted to see him get hurt doing somthing stupid...which a double back is not stupid, but extremely sketchy....The good thing about Travis is he treats every run like a race, through the corners hes wide open carring speed in and out of the corners getting the most out of each run, and as many jumps in as possible. He did finish second this year to Nate Adams, but Nate deserved the win finally he rode a great run as well.....Travis is such an amazing rider, hes the only rider out there that can go back and forth from motocross/supercross, to freestyle and be extremely competitive in both sports.....Hes also a great kid none the less....

Jk

I've always followed Moto-x, Super-X and Freestyle, I've been riding for 15 years now, used to be big into jumping. I split my kneecap in two pieces one year while riding, and was on crutches while I went to the Gravity Games that year, so I got to be on the platform for handicap people right on the course and watched Carey Hart pull the first ever backflip in competition. This camera crew and one other guy were on the handicap platform with us, they started filming one of the guys (who turned out to be Hart's Father) and as soon as he pulled the flip, the guys all jumped up and literally jumped over me and my friends over the railing and ran out to talk to Carey. I've met most of the freestyle guys, and actually chatted with Travis on numerous occasions for 10+ minutes. Hell, Travis talked to my mom for over 15 minutes before his first run the first year of the Gravity Games, then my mom went and chatted it up with Travis' parents who are both REALLY great people. I've talked to Deegan, Faisst, Adams, Bartram, Jones, and the list goes on and on, most of them are awsome people. Mike Jones is a really cool dude actually, he welcomed me to come over and have a convo. with him while he was packing his stuff up after the first years gravity games, really awsome guy. When I first got to the games the 2nd year, Metzger welcomed me to come over and pet his Pit who was in the back of his truck while I talked to him as he unloaded his gear from his trailer. All of these guys are great, wonderful people who deserve every ounce of respect they get. I'm always wishing the best for them whenever I hear of a new competition somewhere.

Haha im happy you talked to all of these people....especially if your that proud to have takled to them.....you left out some names, maybe McGrath, Lusk, Windham, Stewert haha BOB HANNAH...oh but the list goes on and on so you probably have helped them unload there gear as well huh...haha im sorry, it just sounds like your bragging a little about how much you "talked to these guys"....ive raced motocross for 14 years. I started at the age of five, I walked away from the sport 6 months ago with 47 titles and 7 national titles....ive eaten dinner with James family before he slaughtered the supercross field in Anehiem for his first supercross....but im not gonna sit here and brag about how I petted Mc's dog while he unloaded his trailor....haha not to be rude man, but u sound like the guy who "knows" everybody and is everybody best freind.....

:confused: Chill out dude. It's almost hard to find a nice person in this world nowadays, let alone a 'superstar' like the big MX guys who are nice enough and glad to talk to perfect strangers who admire and look up to them. I was really glad that these guys were nice enough to talk to me and some buddies and answer some questions we had and BS a few minutes. Oh and I didn't forget the others however if you didn't notice, I only listed FS riders, unfortunatly I was only ever able to attend 1 moto-x event :( . Mcgrath is my favorite rider of all time, and of course Hannah is one of the greatest. Good for you and your success, I admire that as I would have loved to do something like that. No need to be so cocky bud, sounds to me like you had to brag to me about what you've done. Sheesh, Im sure you were excited the first time you got to meet some of your favorite riders :sigh:

Archived