Zachm89 New Pb

sprayed99

This motor has been good to me so I'll more than likely just forge it and go no bigger than a 370. I see no point in going to a 408 or bigger with how well the truck runs on a stock motor. Not sure on parts, haven't really started researching yet but it'll end up being a forged 370 with the d1 at 15 psi and who knows what else, but there will be more! Like I said I'm more than happy with my current times, but I'm going for lower :P

nice yeah those are some nice numbers for sure. it just goes to show what a good tune will do for you. you can have all the best parts in the world and that doesn't mean anything unless you have a good tuner. im going with a 370 myself. i see no need for anymore cubes. im not looking to set any records i just want something that runs good and stays together. ill tell you now. look on LS1tech when it comes to looking for parts. unless you have plenty of cash to drop and aren't looking for deals. i got some new wiesco boost pistons for $400 shipped.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gunna have to drop some coin on a reliable boost gauge to really determine what I'm running. The first night I took logs of the truck I hit 15 psi on the gauge, but now it only sees around 10-12psi. I have no idea what it hit at the track because I was too busy watching AFR on the wideband while also trying to keep an eye on the laptop to monitor any KR, all while keeping the truck nice and straight down the 1320, haha.

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

Great run man, I am really jealous. Seeing things like this really makes me want a procharger lol

For boost gauges I recommend 2 different brands depending on your budget. If you can afford a Defi thats definitely the way to go. If your looking for a great gauge at a bargain price then I recommend prosport. Prosport is what I used in my STI and its really a great gauge.

just check your log when you went to the track zach and the kpa is what will tell you how much boost you were running after you convert it to boost that is.

here is a calculator ...

http://www.tvr-webma...vr_info_psi.asp

Don't forget to subtract your engine off baro pressure before or after you do your conversion. Also, if he exceded the two bar map, he wont know what his total boost.