Winter-Ize

feece08

um i store my truck every winter in a 12x30 unheated storage unit. heres a few things i do. first of all i lift the truck and put it on 4 jack stands to get the tire's off the ground. then i take the battery out and bring it to my house where it wont freeze and i throw a battery tender on the battery so it keep's charged. i also do the fuel stabilizer in the tank with a fresh tank of fuel. i also throw on a truck cover just to keep the dust off of it. some guys put a fresh heavy coat of wax's over there truck just to protect the paint. i personally don't i might if it where stored out side. might want to put a nice coat of wax's on the wheels if there chrome.

you could put DECON rat/mouse bate boxes in your engine compartment zip tied in different areas. if you know of anyone with a hairy dog, brush out some fur and also put some around the compartment, should help keeping outer 4 legged critters out. when i was living in NY, i just drove mine and had no issues...

good luck

Ship it down to me in Florida! I'll give it a nice place to wait out the winter where it will be warm and there will be NO snow, salt or rust!

haha thats funny :yellow_loser: ill be in miami in jun anyways, new duty station!

um i store my truck every winter in a 12x30 unheated storage unit. heres a few things i do. first of all i lift the truck and put it on 4 jack stands to get the tire's off the ground. then i take the battery out and bring it to my house where it wont freeze and i throw a battery tender on the battery so it keep's charged. i also do the fuel stabilizer in the tank with a fresh tank of fuel. i also throw on a truck cover just to keep the dust off of it. some guys put a fresh heavy coat of wax's over there truck just to protect the paint. i personally don't i might if it where stored out side. might want to put a nice coat of wax's on the wheels if there chrome.

might have to think about the jack stands. never heard the polish trick, i just have silver wheels. iam going to buy a cover, i looked for a nice cover a while back i dont mind spending a couple hundred bucks for the nice fitted ones. anyone have any suggestions while im on that topic?lol

you could put DECON rat/mouse bate boxes in your engine compartment zip tied in different areas. if you know of anyone with a hairy dog, brush out some fur and also put some around the compartment, should help keeping outer 4 legged critters out. when i was living in NY, i just drove mine and had no issues...

itll be outside so hopefully it shouldnt be an issue. never even seen a rat, let alone a cochroach here in RI.

i bought my cover like 2 years ago from california car covers. i got the noah and my truck sits outside for the summer time under the cover and i rent a garage for the winter to store it. the cover has been through everything and its still in great shape. its been through a hurricane recently with 50-60 mph winds and some pretty bad rain storms it even blew into a tree once. in a few places where it fits tight its starting to get weak but other than that its like the day i got it.

last year was the first winter i actually stored my truck i did everything said above accept jack it up thats because the garage i had was so tight i had to crawl out of the window. this year i plan to

The draw back to covering it outside is the wind beats the shit out of the cover which in turn beats the shit out of your paint, ask Dan, he'll tell you.

:withstupid: Worst mistake I ever made, the weight of the snow and the blowing winds marrred the crap out of my paint. 2 stages of polish and 12 hours of work the following spring, most of it was gone. You are better off brushing the snow off of it. :freak:

My dad bought the Noah cover probably 5 years ago for his 50th Anniversary 300ZX that sits outside. It was bought more to keep the T-tops from leaking than to protect the paint. Point being, my father does NOT take care of ANYTHING he owns. If the cover was not on the car it was blowing around the yard and would end up tangled up in the woods somewhere. 5 years of this abuse and the cover still looks bran new. Before I moved to Florida I would take the cover to the laundry mat every spring and wash it.... it came out like new every time. The Noah cover is an awesome product.

Fresh oil and filter. Drain coolant so it wont corrode anything, depending on when you changed it last. Jack stands no question, you dont want flat spots on your tires. I would do a complete detail regardless, it will be that much more clean when you take it out next spring, I learned the hard way by not detailing it in the fall and was in over my head when I brought it back out the next spring. Make sure you have a complete full tank of gas with stabilizer, that little bit of oxygen will eat away at your fuel system.

Interesting about the jack stand comments. I air my tires up to max and park on rubber mats. I've stored mine for 6 months out of the year for 6 years going and never had a problem with tire flat spots, even with the cheap OEM Goodyear tires. I have read that letting the suspension hang is bad, which is why I never did the jack stands but cannot validate that.

How much psi ya'll talking about? I'm going to be storing it Monday found aguyi renting out a building pretty cheap for vehicles. Def Gunna do the fuel top off and stabilizer, and prob get the tires off the ground a bit...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk