First Time At The Track

Ruben525

I went to the track this morning and I made about 8 run's. Weather was good it was about 55 degrees. My best run was 14.28 at 96 mph. I posted up my time slips so you guys can check them out. I was launching in 3rd from idle a few times I took off at about 1500 rpm didn't notice much difference. My mods are blackbear tune, CAI, upgraded my spark plugs and plug wires, 160 T stat, shift kit and servos, and an aftermarket muffler. I had a really good time and hopefully next year I'll hit 13's. A lot of people were asking me why I didn't remove stuff from the truck. I didn't think it would make much a difference but I guess it dose. Will it help if I took my tailgate off? Any suggestions on what I should try next time? :peelout:

post-11481-039439300 1320627183_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-062399400 1320627194_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-068075700 1320627204_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-084751200 1320627217_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-032034800 1320627228_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-063383400 1320627237_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ruben525 (see edit history)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like fun and some good times for your mods. Congrats, you could remove the tailgate to save weight, and a number of other things to get it just a bit faster. Did you have any issues with traction?

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Not bad at all. Next time you got try and go with less weight on the truck like:

Drop the spare tire

If you don't tow take the trailer hitch off

also drop the tailgate

And remove the passenger headlight allow some air to get to the CAI. Also some guys take the back seat out but you really don't have to go that far.

Also remember 20 inch rims are heavy

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

Sounds like fun and some good times for your mods. Congrats, you could remove the tailgate to save weight, and a number of other things to get it just a bit faster. Did you have any issues with traction?

No the track was sticky hooked good as far as I could tell.

Not bad at all. Next time you got try and go with less weight on the truck like:

Drop the spare tire

If you don't tow take the trailer hitch off

also drop the tailgate

And remove the passenger headlight allow some air to get to the CAI. Also some guys take the back seat out but you really don't have to go that far.

Also remember 20 inch rims are heavy

My spare and my hitch are both off took them off as soon as I got home from buying the truck. I took the headlight off once but put it back on. Yea I wish I had some 17's to go out there on but all I have are the 20's.

Good I was just curious, I didn't really know how the 2wd SS's did traction wise.

Yea awd would be nice but I like my burnouts lol. Idk what was going on but when I was doing my burnout only my right wheel was spinning. I don't think it was doing that the whole time but I'm not 100% sure.

nice run's the drag strip is always fun. decent times to for a mostly stock truck. up here ive seen stock ss run high 15s. as for removing stuff to save weight. im not a big fan of it. cause thats not street trim. now if it's something you remove and don't plan on putting it back on thats fine. like hitch if you never use is. rear bumper replace with roll pan ect. but again thats just my opinion. i have always ran my truck in street trim. some guy's say remove the tail gate. take the spare tire out, remove the back seat.

nice run's the drag strip is always fun. decent times to for a mostly stock truck. up here ive seen stock ss run high 15s. as for removing stuff to save weight. im not a big fan of it. cause thats not street trim. now if it's something you remove and don't plan on putting it back on thats fine. like hitch if you never use is. rear bumper replace with roll pan ect. but again thats just my opinion. i have always ran my truck in street trim. some guy's say remove the tail gate. take the spare tire out, remove the back seat.

i feel exactly the same, you cant tell the mustang driver wait! let me remove my tailgate and back seat from the truck at the red light!!! lol