Callaway Silverado C19 Sporttruck Revealed

houston05tx

It's certainly not special to me, but a good starting point for someone wanting a toy that's new. I'd like a crew cab 6.2 with a 2300. The thing is a TVS2300 is like 7k by itself not including wheels, tires, suspension, etc. The truck isn't way overpriced, but it is a bit pricey. I have a hard time talking myself into a new truck with GM being the little bitch that they are. Buy a regular cab and a 5.3 is the best you can get. Buy an extended cab and you can get a 6.0L. Buy a crew cab and a 6.2L is an option. It's like they want all three to have the exact same performance. There is no reason the regular cab can't have a 6.2L. Dodge did a V10 for years, Ford a supercharger on their 5.4L, GM has done shit. Even the SSS pissed me off. I love them, but a stock Super Sport from Chevrolet that runs low 15's is kinda sport and not very super.

I was following the drag pack camaro and it has a 5.3 with a TVS on it and went 9's

I know the 5.3 must be special or they dont want to go all out and 6.2 it up and max out the 2300 because it will be faster than a vette and close to the ZR1

I wish I was around for the COPO days and could have piced out what exactly I want!!!

AWD Reg cab 6.2L factory supercharged, vette brakes, recaro's from the Caddy's....

W saw it in person at the Carlisle All GM Nationals back in June, let me tell you that I am not impressed. Saying that this truck is overpriced is an understatement, for what they are charging you for the add ons, you could get twice as much stuff if you just bought everything yourself and had an install party on a new ECSB or SCSB. I do not see many of these being sold IMO......

Dan forgets that the cost of beer for one of our install parties drives the installation costs waaay up! :lol:

AWD Reg cab 6.2L factory supercharged, vette brakes, recaro's from the Caddy's....

Now thats my idea of a future SS truck :pepsicheer: Just hope to see it happen but I doubt it. And yes we need those recaro's these leather seats do not suit well to cornering.