05' fans

zippy

I have an 05 Z71 with the L33 5.3.

I don't read here of you guys looking into the OE controller setup. I would suggest you do. The fans are ran at variable speeds by the ECM with the OE set up. And I don't like the one fan running at a time thing. For one thing, it don't pull across the tranny cooler evenly that way, or the radiator. Pop the hood of an 05 and look to the right of the under hood fuse box, under the fender to firewall curved brace. A real clean setup. All the relays and such are right there.

Shouldn't cost all the much and the fans are ran more accurately.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm not sure why you'd use a pinout for an 05' when the correct info on an 03' and 04' has already been given. an 05' has it's own controler for veriable speed which is why it has a low speed and high speed output, just like a blower motor uses.

Hmmmm...maybe because there is no fan wiring diagram for a pre 05????

Isn't this thread about wiring 05 fans????

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

i can get a wiring diagram, that's not a problem. my point is that someone has already done it and has been using it that way for quite a few miles. i'm guessing the way he did it is working just fine. i'm not trying to knock your discussion, it's just that the questions and answers have all been pretty much based on something already in use and it was posted what, where, and how it was done. it almost seems as if some are overthinking what we should know already works. i'll check in the morning for what pinouts are on the pcm and list them.

zippy

I have an 05 Z71 with the L33 5.3.

I don't read here of you guys looking into the OE controller setup. I would suggest you do. The fans are ran at variable speeds by the ECM with the OE set up. And I don't like the one fan running at a time thing. For one thing, it don't pull across the tranny cooler evenly that way, or the radiator. Pop the hood of an 05 and look to the right of the under hood fuse box, under the fender to firewall curved brace. A real clean setup. All the relays and such are right there.

Shouldn't cost all the much and the fans are ran more accurately.

This would be my preferred way of hooking up 05 fans to an 05 truck that did npt come with efans.

Is this oem fan control unit available?

• 4 months later...

A few questions for you guys..

I'm planning on doing superMaxx headers, and corsa exhaust. Should I wait and do those mods first and then the 05 efans and pcm programming? Or does it matter? I'm a bit confused :crazy: hey but whats new... lol thanks for your responses

i would recomend doing the headers and cat back first. this way the new program will be for all 3 mods. if you are planning corsa with your long tubes, i also recomend the touring. the sport with longtubes is obnoxious.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived