OUCH!!!!!

Lee

I seen a few bad accidents like that being involved with a fire dept. and rescue dept. :flag: I am shure quickmedic seen his share too.

It looks like to me, from the impact split the car in two halfs and were air borne and landed there. I really dont think there would have been tire tracks. :shakehead:

Also some times if you did see the driver you probably wish you didnt...................... :sick:

:chevy: First post in about a year for me!, busy woking on my Military Career, but I have been lurking.... :chevy:

It is an Audi A3, a hatchback that is not sold here. It is the same size as a VW Golf and built on the same platform. According to this thread Short-Media.com the crash happened in Portugul.

I am no science major, but unless you have all the facts you can not build a model of the physics. I did notice that the tree that has the first impact has the bark ripped off high, that car could have been "flying" in more than just speed. In the short media link there is an F250 that left the road airborne.....

To me it appears as though this car left the roadway from the general direction that the ambulance is sitting. If that car was sideways when it hit the dirt on the edge of the roadway it could have started a rt side roll or became airborne.

In the 3rd pic the passenger side door assy is wrapped around the tree. The bark is cleaned off the tree above the door. If you look at that pic you will also see bark directly behind the door. The clean area is above the door as it is sitting now. There are no tire marks because the rest of the body was still in the air till impact of the rear body section against the tree where it is at rest.

The front end I can't explain except for loss of energy or the frame rails dug into the ground stopping that portion of the car prior to it hitting the other tree. I also don't think this car was traveling much over highway speeds. It struck the A post at the rt door hinge area intruding on the rt floor at the passenger front seat. The weight of the front end with the engine assembly is what tore this car in half. If the speeds were higher the front end would have traveled farther and probably been found upside down.

I have seen 3 accidents similar to this. 1 sliced his formula in two and after sliding down the street got up and walked away. Of the other 2, 1 died in the car along with his family and the other was thrown many feet from his car due to high speed.

The botton line.....as speed increases, so does the chance of YOU being a statistic.

Be Safe one and all.

Quick

Archived