Who's Packing?

SSAlaska

carry? glock 27. as far as other guns I'm a redneck so there are to many to list. I hunt anything that moves. I have a gun bash OCT 9th and we'll see what I win. I have I have 23 rifles/ shotgus and hope to win another big gun, like last year when I won a marlin 1894.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Packing? Damn if I'm not into guns! I burn 100 rounds or so each week whether I need to or not. I've carried a .32 Seecamp for so many years that I've worn a horsehide holster slick. I love pistols in general, but prefer Wilson Combat 1911's. A Wilson resides in the SS. When I'm out doing my thing, however, I usually pack a nasty little second-hand Glock 19 in a Fobus. I've bounced it off rocks and the like and can't kill it. I figure If I lose it, I'm not out much! :crazy: Oh yeah, I'm hell on a snake!

Godforbid, you ever have to use that weapon for its purpose you might want to look into some protection rounds. Speer Golddot and Remington Golden Sabers are good. I would suggest going into your local gun shop, And ask for advice on the laws of your area. My point is BALL ammo simply doesnt have the knock down power, If you have to shoot someone you want to put them down as quick as possible. :flag:

I carry ball in my 19.......16 rounds of the cheap stuff. I'll pull the trigger 'till it goes "click." :D ALOT to be said for PENETRATION in a 9mm. 45 ball on the other hand will drop a grizzly. A man certainly can't stand it. I carry 230 grain Cor-Bon in my 45's though. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. ;)

In my .45 I carry 200gr. +P Speer GoldDots, Thats a serious load. Rated at 1100 FPS, Thats almost as fast as some 9MM rounds. :eek: And In the .40 I carry 180gr. Golden Sabers, But I am looking for a +P round. I would stay away from BALL ammo for protection. The 9MM is a weak pistol IMHO, Law enforcment dropped them like a bad habit. Personally I would rather roll with the higher calibers. Come on fellas you drive bad aSS truck, you need a cannon. :jester::cheers::flag:

carry (rarely) old school S&W Model 59. 16 rounds alternating hollow points and FMJ. I agree that a 9 doesn't have the knockdown force of bigger loads, but prefer the extra rounds in the clip.

I don't get to shoot as much as I used to. :(

Ahhh, I remember back in my college days when free time was plentiful and guns were viewed as inanimate objects instead of an evil menace to society. :sigh:

Glock .40 (Takes a licking and keeps on keepin’ on)

Kimber .45 (Best gun I’ve ever shot.)

Ruger 25-06 (I got kicked out of an indoor shooting range once because the rifle was too high velocity with 117gr rounds) it’s allot of fun shooting varmints from 600+ yds away with this rifle… :thumbs:

1000fps .177 Pellet gun (Here birdy birdy)

900fps .22 Pellet gun

And my good old Louisville slugger and trusty burlap sack… ;)

Glock .40 model 23. With Hydrashock ammo. Same as most State Police.

I always carry my gun. It is pretty easy in Florida to get a CDW permit.

If I need something a little bigger I will bring my CAR-15. .223 full metal jacket!! :D

Archived