Guineag60'S H/C Build

guineag60

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds wicked pissah. Once I am done with surgeries and get my truck running I will be swinging to Framingham to the British Beer Company like I said earlier this year and hope to meet up. Bringing it to LVD?

Sounds wicked pissah. Once I am done with surgeries and get my truck running I will be swinging to Framingham to the British Beer Company like I said earlier this year and hope to meet up. Bringing it to LVD?

Sounds good, let me know when your in town. Im 50/50 on LVD, I really want to go but my wedding is on 9/29 and its crunch time on the weekends to finish shit up. Finding time is tough but im trying to make it happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Well sad to say i think i a cam bearing spun. I cant tell yet. I havent pulled the motor yet. I drove it to work one morning and at a stop sign 1 mile away from my work at idle oil pressure was 30psi ( normally at 40psi) I started moving again and it was fine. It sat for about 4-5 hours until i was gonna go to lunch and started it up. NO OIL PRESSURE! 0 on the gauge and the warning through the led. I shut it down. I tried pushing in the connector to the sensor and started it up the same no pressure, shut it right down.

I cut open the new filter i had on it and it had alot of metal dust in it ( shiiiiiiiiiit). drained the pan, no big metal parts just metal dust. Removed the valve covers, rockers, and pulled the cam. The first cam bearing had some heat marks on it and showed the bronze. The new cam and heads are perfect not a mark on them, I looked at the old cam, there were some good heat marks on it ( wish i inspected it before, just to excited to get the new one in). The oil pump o-ring was in great shape, the pump moved free, removed the valve in the pump and it was clean and moved freely. I put a scope in the pan to check the pick up screen and it was clean.

So for the new plan now! Im currently removing the motor now. Im just about to order a 370ci short block from Thompson motorsports. Forged wiseco's, eagle H-beam's, stock crank, durabond cam bearings, clevite main and rod bearings. I was looking a stock L92 short blocks. I dont have the budget for a 408 which i would love, but i need the truck now as its my DD.

Thanks man, There is always a upside haha and this one is a 370ci :peelout: I might try to get a TBSS intake and 90mm t-body now too and a pulley. I just wanted to make it to the track once this year. If i can get it finished by oct 31 it might happen

• 6 months later...

So after disaster after disaster im finally gonna be up and running soon. I decided to buy a LS2 shortblock. It was described to me as a take out in "great running order" with only 38k on it. So after a month from me paying for it the seller and i were able to settle on a date for me to drive down to NYC from boston. Took it to a machine shop for all new bearings to find this little gem

image.jpg

A spun rod bearing. The seller screwed me and i couldnt get the money back. So after saving up for awhile for all the machine work and new parts I ended up with this

http://image-1.jpg

http://image-2.jpg

http://image-3.jpg

I did a budget built LS2 short block. Mahle pistons 4.005 over flat tops, Scat I-beam rods, all new bearings (rod, main and cam) ARP head bolts, Melling hp oil pump. I got the heads bolted down yesterday.

http://image-5.jpg

Im still waiting on some adapter harnesses (cam, knock sensor) and im looking for a used LS2 valley cover and timing cover.

I also got a TBSS intake and T-body. I also got and installed some comp trunion upgrade. Hopefully i can get it all buttoned down in two weeks and break it in then off to the track.

So after disaster after disaster im finally gonna be up and running soon. I decided to buy a LS2 shortblock. It was described to me as a take out in "great running order" with only 38k on it. So after a month from me paying for it the seller and i were able to settle on a date for me to drive down to NYC from boston. Took it to a machine shop for all new bearings to find this little gem

image.jpg

A spun rod bearing. The seller screwed me and i couldnt get the money back. So after saving up for awhile for all the machine work and new parts I ended up with this

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

I did a budget built LS2 short block. Mahle pistons 4.005 over flat tops, Scat I-beam rods, all new bearings (rod, main and cam) ARP head bolts, Melling hp oil pump. I got the heads bolted down yesterday.

image-5.jpg

Im still waiting on some adapter harnesses (cam, knock sensor) and im looking for a used LS2 valley cover and timing cover.

I also got a TBSS intake and T-body. I also got and installed some comp trunion upgrade. Hopefully i can get it all buttoned down in two weeks and break it in then off to the track.

I ended up finding a good used LS2 crank with the 24 tooth wheel. That one was way too damaged. Yeah i almost sold it I was so fustrated then. I'm only about 45min away from Golen Engine. http://golenengineservice.com I delt with Chad there and he was great through the whole process. I highly recommend him. He knew I had a small budget and was able to make it work for me. The Cyl's were out of round by a bit and the pistons had some good raspberries on the skirts. Cleary the motor had over 100k on it.

I am glad to see it coming together for you Mark. Sorry to hear about spun bearing and the haul to NYC. This is looking real nice, and I think it will be a helluva DD!

My truck will be up in May as I am moving. As I said a long time ago, British Beer Works in late May or June is on my plans. I will be going their after I have some services done at Herb Connolly.