32 Ferd Truck Build

sprayed99

Nice looking shop / garage floor you've got there. Is that part of your fabrication bench in the photo with the bracket clamped to it?

Are you going to seal your polished aluminum brackets to keep them shiny or polish them periodically? Or chrome plate?

the table you see is the table of the bridgeport mill at the shop. The bracket is sitting on it as it cooled from welding. If I would have left it sitting on the fab table I would have touched it as I always do that when I leave parts to cool on the fab table. Aluminum doesn't give you a hint of being hot as it doesn't change color when welded. I cant count how many times I have grabbed hot aluminum... I don't even think I have finger prints on my right hand LOL.

Our fab table is 1" thick 6061 plate that is 8' x 4' and it drilled and tapped to use the mill tools on the fab table to hold parts in place while welding.

The floors at my home garage and in the fab room at the shop are both coated. The shop floor is much newer and nicer.

The brackets will stay polished without coating on any type. I will give them a quick polish once a year. The polish I use is very good about fighting off oxidation for about a year.

the table you see is the table of the bridgeport mill at the shop. The bracket is sitting on it as it cooled from welding. If I would have left it sitting on the fab table I would have touched it as I always do that when I leave parts to cool on the fab table. Aluminum doesn't give you a hint of being hot as it doesn't change color when welded. I cant count how many times I have grabbed hot aluminum... I don't even think I have finger prints on my right hand LOL.

Our fab table is 1" thick 6061 plate that is 8' x 4' and it drilled and tapped to use the mill tools on the fab table to hold parts in place while welding.

The floors at my home garage and in the fab room at the shop are both coated. The shop floor is much newer and nicer.

The brackets will stay polished without coating on any type. I will give them a quick polish once a year. The polish I use is very good about fighting off oxidation for about a year.

I had an idea you have access to some nice shop equipment, (and skills to use it). Nasty little trait of aluminum, not letting you know that it's hot. Not like the iron my brother puts in his forge. I've run into the hot alum thing before working on fuel tanks for sport fishing boats.

I'd like to see a shot of your fab table. Sounds like a good set-up.

The floor coating looks like the epoxy stuff you see on Hot Rod TV. That's what caught my eye.

That sounds like some amazing polish. It must be good stuff to trust the work you've got in the brackets to it for a year.

Looking forward to the next install. :pop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...