Street Tune Questions (St Louis)

dls4523

I am thinking about giving one of the performance shops in my area a try for a PCM tune. They said they charge $110/hour, and ballpark 2-3 hours. Does that sound fair? Any specific questions I need to ask them before letting them touch my truck? I believe they have a dyno, but I dont think for AWD. Once it is done, how do I know if it is a good (and safe) tune?

Truck is basically stock at the moment, and most likely only near future plans are CAI, headers, e-fans... The shop I am looking at is PUR performance in St Louis, MO. I saw them post on facebook today about a Silverado SS Procharger setup they are working on right now. Is it anybody on the forum? Looks like it is Silver Birch 2wd i think, with maybe a 2/2 drop?

Every dyno run(s) cost different pricing. As far as street tunes Ive contacted 2 locals and their $250. But I will not be going with them. Also found a 3rd LS engine tuner, more expensive than $250 and I would choose him, but I am going with Team Zippy.

yeah, i go back and forth with wanting to try local, or just go with one of the proven tuners (zippy, bb, wheatley)... as with everything, i am probably overthinking it! i wish i was closer to one of them, so I could just have them tune in person.

thanks for the info, btw

• 1 month later...

I went to PUR performance this past weekend for their car show, the shop was pretty impressive. According to the tuner the SS was an awd version and they disconnected the front drive shaft to get the dyno run. They are a HP tuner's shop, which I found a bit surprising, so I went to MCS performance in Pacific to pick up EFI Live.

• 5 months later...