Your Dream Car at 16

diggerdan11

I saw this on another form and thought it would be fun to ask this here.

What was your dream car when you were 16? It can be anything from a super exotic to the car you actaully had when you were 16.

I will start. When I turned 16 in 2000 I begged and begged my dad to buy me a 1993-1997 Camaro Z28, he bought my sister a brand new car and I would hope he would do the same for me. But there is no way in hell he would by a 16 year old a 275hp RWD V8 Sports Car for there first vehicle, the insurance would be ridiculous. He said we could look into a V6 one but no way I would settle for that. Plus a RWD sports car would have been worthless on a muddy dirt road with the nasty winters. So i ended up with his 89 Ford F250 which got me into the truck world. I would still love to own a similar Camaro today (although the 1998-2002 ones with the LS1 would be better).

Of course I wanted Red, and of course it had to have the T-tops

z28.jpg

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 4 cars I loved and I got to own one when I was 16. And one when I was 20. I loved the 87 GNX, 87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, and C4 Corvettes and an 89 IROC Camaro Convertible. I didnt turn 16 until 2005. At 16 I had an 89 S10 and an 87 Turbo Coupe. It was black on red and a 5 speed. I bypassed the overboost sensor. The factory turbo would max out the 18 psi boost gauge. At 20 I had my current Sierria and purchased a 91 Vette. the engine I wanted too. I didnt want the LT1. The TPI is what I loved.

70 Chevelle SS 454, but ended up with a 71 Chevelle SS clone canary yellow with black SS stripes and a 383 stroker damn I miss that car kick myself in the ass for selling it all the time.

My best friend and I had both wanted matching IROC's...I acquired mine when I turned 18, its been a labor of love since then, my buddy never acquired his, and took his own life at 21...so it holds a certain sentimental value now, I'll never sell it.

^^I have to agree with the Lambo Stitches, I wanted an F50 in the mid-late 90s. Strangely enough a family I knew in-state opened a Lambo dealership and drove Gallardo's around as advertisement. Those Countach's were mean machines.