Why keep it stock?

ballincustoms

I have had many cars over the past years and for some reason I can never just leave them just stock. It gets on my nerves when I drive it stock its like I don't stand out or when I step the gas it feels like i go nowhere lol I guess it the car guy blood in me...what are your opinions?

This was the highest rated hp/tq vehicle Ive owned. Granted driving M3's and various other BMW's but those are generic, you can buy another the next day. So when I got this truck I was learning my limits I didnt want to scratch it etc. The stock power was enough for me. I am now looking into just GMPP intake, and a Corsa.

Im still stock since August 2005. But plan on buying another SS in the next year and it will be modded. Ive been offered a lot of money for my truck from the owner of my dealership as he knows its been babied and it is completely stock unlike the other 2 SS trucks that go to be serviced their (he complains about the Flwomasters on one). He also knows the sentimental value to me is beyond any dollar amount (for those members who know me and how I got my truck).

Just my .02

This was the highest rated hp/tq vehicle Ive owned. Granted driving M3's and various other BMW's but those are generic, you can buy another the next day. So when I got this truck I was learning my limits I didnt want to scratch it etc. The stock power was enough for me. I am now looking into just GMPP intake, and a Corsa.

Im still stock since August 2005. But plan on buying another SS in the next year and it will be modded. Ive been offered a lot of money for my truck from the owner of my dealership as he knows its been babied and it is completely stock unlike the other 2 SS trucks that go to be serviced their (he complains about the Flwomasters on one). He also knows the sentimental value to me is beyond any dollar amount (for those members who know me and how I got my truck).

Just my .02

What he said!

I'm the same way. but whats crazy is it was just in my blood. growing up nobody in my family was into modding vehicles or even had anything todo with vehicles. to them it was just a way of getting around. It got bad when i got my first job at 14 washing dish's. i bought my first car a 82 camaro. from there it has been game over. every vehicle i have had sense then has been modded in some way. I just bought a 98 GMS sierra as a DD. I was planning on leaving it stock. but the mod bug has already hit me. Im already looking at lowering kits wheels ect. I guess once its in your blood it will never change. only things i have left stock the have a motor on them is my weedeater and lawn mower. :jester:

I'm the same way. but whats crazy is it was just in my blood. growing up nobody in my family was into modding vehicles or even had anything todo with vehicles. to them it was just a way of getting around. It got bad when i got my first job at 14 washing dish's. i bought my first car a 82 camaro. from there it has been game over. every vehicle i have had sense then has been modded in some way. I just bought a 98 GMS sierra as a DD. I was planning on leaving it stock. but the mod bug has already hit me. Im already looking at lowering kits wheels ect. I guess once its in your blood it will never change. only things i have left stock the have a motor on them is my weedeater and lawn mower. :jester:

x2 Everything i own is modded in some way or another

Only stock truck ill drive is a brand Sierra Denali. Those babies are clean as hell stock.

I had my Sierra Denali one week, and ordered a Corsa Sport exhaust for it. After the SS, it was just too quiet. :)

I generally don't go for major modifications, just enough to make me happy.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)