1bad2k's SS clone rcsb awd

1BAD2K

well that is one way to look at it! I think I've got it figured out now. Gonna have a small custom hub centric spacer built. I really don't want to give up the brakes or the wheels, and this is my only option besides having two new front wheels buitl, which is out of the question.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to hit the lottery in a bad way lol...My truck has 220K and i have just about sunk all the money in it i can muster....There's so many ideas and things that i would like to do but in my trucks case a full on resto would be in the works to do it right... But i have been seeing a lot of nice RCSB that are really drawing my attention...

Yeah I kinda wish I would've kept my SS, but I sold it to build my single cab. Now that's what everyone is doing and they are getting as common or more so than real SS trucks. Sometimes I just wanna sell it and get a z06 and keep it stock lol. I'm about to the point of not wanting to drop anymore cash into this thing, but maybe when I get it all out together it'll be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

So clean! Cant wait to see all done and dropped

Me either lol. I picked up that spare differential , and spoke with a local chassis builder today. I think I'm going to be able t drop it off Friday with him and he is going to narrow it, install aND set up a tru trac with 4.10 gears and hardened stage brand axles and all new bearings. After that, it's on!

Gonna look real nice.

When are you installing the claddings?

I keep telling myself soon, but after the suspension work and brake install, I'm going to have a little paint work done and I'll be ready to install the cladding. It sucks bc when I started this project you didn't see as many or more 2 doors clones as real SS trucks. Now they seem normal to see lol. I need to get mine finished up.

I just got to tell you! This is an incredible and timely build! I know the kinda time it takes to do all the things that you are doing! Good job on this build. I am now wishing I had done everything I have done to my SSS into a Std Cab NBS.

Good job so far on your Truck!! :thumbsup:

I just got to tell you! This is an incredible and timely build! I know the kinda time it takes to do all the things that you are doing! Good job on this build. I am now wishing I had done everything I have done to my SSS into a Std Cab NBS.

Good job so far on your Truck!! :thumbsup:

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I've had a few setbacks, and had to wait to get new parts or whatever I needed. I like doing stuff right the first time so I've had to wait a bit on a few things, so I could do it how I wanted to. It's actually moving along again and as soon as I get my diff back from the chassis shop, I'm going to put it in a install the new suspension and brakes. I'm looking forward to finally seeing this thing low with the vette brakes on.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...