1bad2k's SS clone rcsb awd

1BAD2K

Finally getting back down on the truck. The 4l80e swap is officially underway. As soon as the trans is done, the suspension drop goes on and it'll start to look like something special.

post-8854-0-75288900-1399015309_thumb.jpg

post-8854-0-87049800-1399015321_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man. Yeah I wanted to get a baseline to know what I was working with. I plan on doing some 317 heads and having them worked over well which will also lower compression and allow for a bigger blower. Definitely gonna do a cam pretty soon after I get the 4l80 dialed in. As of now it layer down 450 HP and 500 tq on 6 lbs of boost 3.1 Maggie pulley I believe.

Edited by 1BAD2K (see edit history)

About how much would you guess the truck weighs when all said and done? Just curious about the power/weight ratio. I remember Lamana's awd burner, and this is the first vehicle that comes to mind. Keep up the great work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What is the awd setup coming off of what year to look for?

Well I have the front diff and transfer case from a 2003 SSS and another t case from an 04. Any 03 to 05 awd SS will have the parts you need, also can source them from a denali truck, but not the suv, possibly some older escalade as well.

Has anyone else had this issue? My brackets for the tru cool line up and block the mounting hole for the magnacharger hx brackets.

Photo:

post-8854-0-62613100-1411451851_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

After having some extra time lately to put into the truck, I think it should be drive able and the 4l80e swap done this weekend. Anyone have an recommendations for some good speakers? My buddy has a stereo shop and owes me a favor so I figure I'll cash in lol.

• 2 months later...

Well the truck is officially home from my buddies shop. 4l80e is in and running great, just need the tuning tweaked. Now to get this truck put together. If I lose anymore interest in this thing, I'm gonna have to just give it away lol.

post-8854-0-97559200-1421811393_thumb.jpg