Cam idle and quick stall n run

JC03SS

Yeah it's my DD I need it to drive close to normal as possible Chris at circle D said 3200 is ideal but I went 3k. I really like the way it runs and take alot of getting use to not moving when you barely touch the gas like before. I was also testing when the brakes couldn't hold the truck back anymore. Just for future reference.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it might need more of a stall, you can see the lag in the RPM's when it flashes. Depends on comfortability I guess if its a DD. Also you dont have to brake stall the converter, just romp it and it will flash on its own.

i think that shit sounds good and looks good,don't hate. great job Jason!!! and nice truck!!

i think that shit sounds good and looks good,don't hate. great job Jason!!! and nice truck!!

Hating would be telling him is truck is slow as fvck.....which it isnt. Its called information that it could use more stall to benefit the RPM power band more from the cam he used. The lag in the power band will effect 60' times but from what im reading 60' times are the least of his worries.

BTW, you can have the best sounding car or truck on the street......but it doesnt mean anything if it doesnt perform when its called out. (not intended for the OP truck)

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm not really worried about being the fastest but yes I do want it to perform well. So far so good I'm pretty pleased. And zippy did a great job with the tune I'm happy about that too. It won't see alot of track time maybe a couple times a year.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm not really worried about being the fastest but yes I do want it to perform well. So far so good I'm pretty pleased. And zippy did a great job with the tune I'm happy about that too. It won't see alot of track time maybe a couple times a year.

I think I'm gonna leave it for now. Really wanna do a 427 build. Looking to make some really food streetable power next time.

It's a comp 224/230 .581 .591 114. I like it. As soon as I got it the magnaflow took a crap so gonna put the new one on this weekend.

Thanks.