427/C5R build update....

GEAR M UP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the trans who built it and is it doing ok?

I went with a custom built 65E Max Evil..... and the PI 10.5" three disk TC and a few other goodies......She holding up great. The nitrous will be up next week, should see how a 100-175 shot will react....

I am very interested how the trans does, do you think it is a better setup than the flp level5.  Did you dyno today any results.

I really like my transmission set up, very crisp shifts and no lag….But only time will tell how well she holds up.

On who is better, I think they are both about the same when it comes to quality and craftsmanship.....

I went with the Max Evil because they are tight with my engine builder and I have a good relationship with Speed Inc. They have stood behind everything without question!

With me changing to the 90mm FAST Intake and 90mm TB…I had a custom wire harness made up. It should be done and ready to go tomorrow... :fingersx:

Did you use the truck brackets or have to change to f-body or corvette bracket for the alt., power steering pump, ect.

All custom brackets and spacers, you can get through Speed Inc......

I used a stock F-Body Water pump...

I'll get some pictures posted later today.

Updated pictures, it looks like everyone took off this week. :mad:

Looks like next week for the wire harness....

It looks like one of the bolts is hitting the belt also, we need to shave that down, but it should not be an issue....

Here are some updated pictures with the FAST 90mm intake, 90mm TB, Nitrous, and gauges....

78458483.jpg

78458461.jpg

78458450.jpg

78458441.jpg

78458327.jpg

78455550.jpg

78458493.jpg