427/C5R build update....

GEAR M UP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

This is my all time favorite thread . Viewed over 6,000 times...lol What a great project he was undertaking. He kinda set the bar high for the rest of us. :thumbs: I wonder what ever happen to the truck?

Edited by vdrumright (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I guess I wasnt around for all the original posts, but, Ive read alot about jeff and wondered if anyone could fill me in on exactly what happened to him? I hope Im not being inappropriate or anything. Its just eye opening to read about him, read through this post, his young and newborn children, and realize hes gone like that............ Just curious..

Respectfully,

Joe

Hey guys, I guess I wasnt around for all the original posts, but, Ive read alot about jeff and wondered if anyone could fill me in on exactly what happened to him?  I hope Im not being inappropriate or anything.  Its just eye opening to read about him, read through this post, his young and newborn children, and realize hes gone like that............   Just curious..

Respectfully,

Joe

Jeff had a heart attack while driving home from work one night. :tear:

• 1 month later...

jsut thought it was time to bring this one back to the top since today is gear m up birhtday. best post of all time. i joined shortly after he passed away but still feel that i knew him just from all the info i got out of his many different post and how much of an asset he was to this site. :chevy:

• 3 weeks later...
jsut thought it was time to bring this one back to the top since today is gear m up birhtday. best post of all time. i joined shortly after he passed away but still feel that i knew him just from all the info i got out of his many different post and how much of an asset he was to this site. :chevy:

:chevy: i just want to say thanks to all that remember jeff and his birthday it means alot myself and his family .my name is darren mooneyham ,i was jeff best friend for over 25 years i currently have his truck since he past away , i finished the remaining items that where needed to be done .such as the nitros system the truck is in storage ,i did take on the hot rod power tour in 2005 in wis.to show it off. his family is doing good ,,,,,,,,,if anyone has questions or coments they can email me at [email protected]

thanks to all for not forgetting

please pass this info on :)

thanks again

darren

:withstupid: Hi Darren, I am excited that you joined and chimed-in. Jeff had just passed away when I bought my own SS and joined the forum, I was a pretty raw newbie at the time. It is very rare to find an individual that both knows his dream and also does what it takes to make it happen, I am sorry that I missed the opportunity to actually spend time with Jeff and share his excitement for the truck. The fact that you finished his dream for him is a true testiment to your love, that is rare. If you ever display the truck again I would enjoy meeting with you, both to learn more about him and enjoy his finished dream.

Mr. P.