Kooks headers with 2" primary and 3" collector

zippy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are big for a stock cube truck, that is correct. A 2" primary header is basicly there for trucks that are 400+ inches or extreme 364's such as idahoBLKss's truck. If you had an LQ9 that is pushing 15psi of boost than a 2" primary would benefit you. For a stock motor mildly modified or with a low boost setup a 1 7/8" header is plenty. There are many 400+ cubic inch trucks out there now and it is great to at least have the option of a bigger header like the F-Body and Y-Body guys have. As I see it any time I can pick up more power by simply making the setup more efficient I'm all for it. I've dyno'd many vehicles with different size headers and there is certainly a gain in having the right size header for your setup.

As for fitment, Kooks has assured us that they can make them with no fitment issue's and with the quality I've always experienced with Kooks I don't doubt them at all. It took so long for truck guys to even be able to get a 1 7/8" header that I'm really happy to see Kooks willing to step up to the plate to help me get a 2" header made. When you look at the power many on this site are making a big tube header will be nice to have as an option. Currently the track times list has 10 trucks running quicker than 11.8 and to do so in a truck as heavy as the SSS, that's some real power and moving some real air.

I'm not even going to get into that discussion. This is a post looking for interest in those who want to go to the bigger header. You either have interest or you dont. If you're making more than 500RWHP you will see a gain in going to a header around this size. A stock 317 casting isn't even 1 5/8" across so by all means just put on a 1 5/8" inch primary header and you'll be just fine.

I guess i should of been a lil more specific on my last post as it wasnt intended to start a bickering war about weather or not its better. I was trying to get at if i upgraded from my current lt's if it would be worth it or not before i got some better flowing heads that have been ported. But either way im interested but wont be able to do anything till after the new year anyway .

Hey Guys,
I am Drew, I work at Kooks I spoke with Zippy @ SEMA a few weeks ago and we had discussed this header for the Trucks that can benefit from a bigger tube. This header will have to go through some prototyping and may take a little time to get finished. If you are willing to wait we can get it done. We do not believe the fixture that was built for the 1 3/4 & 1 7/8 will be able to build a 2 inch header on. If the interest gets us to build this header it will probably be fit up against my personal truck, as this was the way it happened last year for the prototyping update to the early GMT800 trucks. Our headers fit 1999-2013, with the corresponding Y-Pipe to the specific truck. To also answer the questions of other vehicles, and the existing headers for specials contact Revolution Race Works he will be able to get you pricing.
Any header exhaust related questions i will be happy to answer.

Kooks does make 1 3/4 and 1 7/8" headers that fit the SSS truck already as said already by the_aSSet. This post is about them working on them building another option which is a 2" header for the big power guys. I was going to post a link to their site, but I'll wait until their site is corrected. Either way if you want a 1 3/4 or 1 7/8" header and are interested in Kooks brand for your SSS or any 99-2012 Silverado they currently make them. I just checked their site and it does say 2009-11, but that will be corrected soon. I'll be sending pm's with pricing tomorrow, but anyone can call for pricing from here on.