Best Exhaust with no drone

dragpny

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a cat back maybe. We did a Corsa dB cat back on my buddies GMC 2500 hd and it droned so bad in the cab it about mad us sick. I dont want any drone in my cab. He didnt have a tune yet so I dont know if he should get it tuned to change tourqe convertor locup. I already have a BBP tune maybe that make a difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe I could do a dual in dual out muffler swap. What is everyone using and how do they like the results? Is the key to not having drone in the di/do muffler the factory uses? Thanks.

From one Jason to another. Man there are so many options. You can put a dual in out magnaflow like I have with very little drone. It's bot to loud unless you want it to be. You have any exhaust mods??

From one Jason to another. Man there are so many options. You can put a dual in out magnaflow like I have with very little drone. It's bot to loud unless you want it to be. You have any exhaust mods??

No exhaust mods yet. Im really worried if I mess with it I'll never get it the way I want. I was thinking about the magnaflow muffler. Is it an X crossover muffler? Would adding and X upstream help with drone? Thanks for the reply Jason.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to start this back up......

I just put a dual in/out magnaflow built in x muffler in over the weekend and i want to shoot myself now, it drones so bad!!! It is the worst thing ever in life right now. Stock is to quiet this is just plain obnoxious. Please help before I put the stocker back in. I just want a tiny bit louder then stock honestly.

I just put a dual in/out magnaflow built in x muffler in over the weekend and i want to shoot myself now, it drones so bad!!! It is the worst thing ever in life right now. Stock is to quiet this is just plain obnoxious. Please help before I put the stocker back in. I just want a tiny bit louder then stock honestly.

I have one and I love it it doesn't drone bad at all. Sounds really good to me.

Single in, single out though....

http://www.borla.com/products/muffler:_675_rd__x_2400_lon_part__19131347.html

The dB series by Corsa was never for the SS, it may say it is but it is not. The reps at Corsa will confirm it. If you look at the Corsa page, it will show a Silverado SS on both Touring and Sport pages. However when you pull down the dB series it shows a non super sport silverado p/u with the 5.3 engine. Someone else had the same exact problem with the cheap dB Corsa system. You pay for what you get, but the dB series is not for the LQ9 engine only the Touring and Sport models.

I have chronic headache and migraine issues so Corsa is the only way i can go, the stock system even gives me migraines when I am on the highway for 30+ minutes. Corsa gave me a bunch of info a year or so ago but I do not remember the exact details.