Pics of the 2/4 drop and a little surprise!

MobbinSS

The dip paint job if done right will look decent, i'm curious to see it on a truck. Its not much different than having a vinyl wrap done IMO. I've seen a brand new BMW M3 dipped in flat white on YouTube and it actually looked quite nice

yeah same I saw that video too and I was surprised at how it looked. You couldn't tell the difference between a professional flat paint job and plasti dip. Ill be doing the truck in sections so I'll be putting progress pics in this so you can see.

NEWS FLASH - painting an entire truck with Plasti Crap isnt quality work. Its called being to cheap to have the truck converted

And about the 5% on the windshield, thats just stupidity. Its imparing the drivers vision and reducing the reaction time to see something. I can get over the shawty plasti crap but not the safety of other individuals.

alright I agree that plasti dip is a cheap way to convert, but I'm 18 so I can't afford to get a proffesional paint job done to it. And I'll go through the tint talk with you as well. The tint on my windshield, looks as though nothing is there. So maybe I'd be at fault for a car accident for it, however I know that it does not impair my vision at all. Go ahead an look up pictures of how professional film looks compared to others. I was just as surprised when I picked up my truck and I could see perfectly. I really hope that this paint job looks nice, so before you go telling how shit it is and how crap the quality wait til I post how it looks after everything and then you can feel free to tell me how bad it looks.

I really dont care how it looks, because I wouldnt paint something flat white. The only time I would, would be in primer ready for paint.

Im only speaking up in this thread because the words "quality" and plasti crap were used in the same paragraph. Its not quality and never will be.

If you think it looks good, its you're truck and you're budget. But if you post a thread like this it is open for opinions good or bad.

btw, I have seen many 18 year olds on budgets convert colors on a truck or car and still look good not using plasti crap

Whats the big deal?? Its his truck.. Im sure there have been things that you did that other people did not like or agree with. Dont knock it until you try it. I plasti Dipped my front bowtie, Grilles and my lower air ducts. You cant tell by look, or by feel. The whole purpose for Plasti Dip is to either protect what it coats or to see what any item might look in that color. Its alot easier to peel it off than paint.

My main point here is arent we all on this forum for our shared interests? Why bash someone for trying something new or having a idea? Its ignorant.

Well as far as plasti crap looks cheap and is cheap. If you cant afford to do it the right way then why do it at all? If you have a second thought on it then more then likely you shouldnt do it anyway. As far as 2bfast post you put it in a public forum asking for opinions he puts his like it or not its an open forum you can speak what you want dont like it dont read it but you leave it open your going to get negative responses. I am totally with him on this if you want to do stuff to your truck feel free but for the love of god do it right the 1st time not the cheap way and it ends up looking like crap especially if plati dip is envolved but then again just my 2 cents

Whats the big deal?? Its his truck.. Im sure there have been things that you did that other people did not like or agree with. Dont knock it until you try it. I plasti Dipped my front bowtie, Grilles and my lower air ducts. You cant tell by look, or by feel. The whole purpose for Plasti Dip is to either protect what it coats or to see what any item might look in that color. Its alot easier to peel it off than paint.

My main point here is arent we all on this forum for our shared interests? Why bash someone for trying something new or having a idea? Its ignorant.

But if you post a thread like this it is open for opinions good or bad.

This is why. If everyone just pats everyone else on the back no matter what the subject is, it makes the world a shittier place and coddles people lol. He's just expressing his opinions, he's not slamming the kid lol.

I will say that while the car I saw locally looked decent in flat white dip, that was from a distance. Ever hear the saying "good from far, but far from good"? that's what you're gonna get with dipping the truck probably. It will have to be washed a ton as well, since it's rubberized paint, it'll soak in any grime. But at least you have the option of peeling it all off I suppose (as mind numbingly annoying that will be lol).

Its his truck and he posted it on a public forum. When you post things such as this you better be ready for the good and bad. One sometimes more than the other.

And you are right, there were things that I did to my truck that others wouldnt do. But I promise NONE of them said it was done in order to be cheap.

Take for instance chrome wheels. Some like black wheels instead of chrome. Ill be the first to tell you I dont like black wheels. But if someone has a set of chrome wheels painted or powder coated black its their taste but it was done right. But using plasti crap on them to get the "black" theme they want cause they cant afford paint or powder coat is ricer. I had a numorous engine parts polished or chromed. Some do not like the shiney look which is ok. Some want to black these parts. Paint or powder coat is the right way, Plasti crap isnt. Get the theme here?

And I still dont understand the whole "protecting" excuse. To me its just an excuse to use it and be cheap.

5% on the windshield....... hahahah

I'll make ya a deal kid, if you really have 5% on every window and your windshield... I will buy you any color paint job you want!

I used to have 3% on the sides and rear, and 45% on my windshield of my last truck.

and guess what, it looked dark as shi*t!

if it was 5% you couldn't drive it. that's a fact.

here's my number 719.388.3348 prove to me it's 5% and and ill get you that paint job

KB-

5% on the windshield....... hahahah

I'll make ya a deal kid, if you really have 5% on every window and your windshield... I will buy you any color paint job you want!

I used to have 3% on the sides and rear, and 45% on my windshield of my last truck.

and guess what, it looked dark as shi*t!

if it was 5% you couldn't drive it. that's a fact.

here's my number 719.388.3348 prove to me it's 5% and and ill get you that paint job

KB-

facepalm.jpeg

does anyone hear bells????

cuz someone is gettin' schooled .

2beFast is cracking me up!!!

I'm a huge plasti-crap hater too!

that's why I have my own powder-coat gun and oven. and when I need big stuff down, I take it in!

paint, powder, anodize, chrome..... those are real "finishes"

Finish means, its done.... not kinda

where's your pride?

KB-

Okay guys! Let's all just get along here. This isn't costing me alot, I mean shit, if I dip the door and I don't like it. Peel that off. I am just about to start dipping. And as for the windshield, I can't prove it's 5% but I'll take a pic and you can be the judge of it. I don't want alot of arguing haha. This isn't going to be a permanent paint job. It's just a project. If I really like it, I'll keep it for awhile maybe til summer. I understand plasti dip isn't quality. However, it's just going I have to do for right now.

Okay guys! Let's all just get along here. This isn't costing me alot, I mean shit, if I dip the door and I don't like it. Peel that off. I am just about to start dipping. And as for the windshield, I can't prove it's 5% but I'll take a pic and you can be the judge of it. I don't want alot of arguing haha. This isn't going to be a permanent paint job. It's just a project. If I really like it, I'll keep it for awhile maybe til summer. I understand plasti dip isn't quality. However, it's just going I have to do for right now.

Im not afraid to say it, but that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of doing. Let you're conscience be your guide

God I knew something like this was going to happen eventually. What a waste of money and time

EDIT: btw, did you mean you tinted you're windshield 5%??

I would have to agree. Not Bashing on you just take this as it is. 5% is dark and on your windshield at nite bad idea. Your young and maybe think its cool or what not. Say your turning at 11:00 at nite and just don't happen to see the guy on the bike or someone walking. Not gonna be worth it. And for plasti dipping your truck it's yours and I won't tell you what to do with yr truck. I won't plasti dip it. It's not gonna look as good as you think.