Bought another SS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even has the rare ABEAR rocker/coil covers. I wished they were still around

yes those valve covers are sick. my buddy had a set he sold. I wanted them but they had 427 stroker on them. there is a company that makes something very close to them but they want $1295.00 for a set. :ohmy::uhoh::ohmy:

Just ordered a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH for it, I figured it was time for a nice deck since I have a pretty basic Clarion in the other truck and I have wanted to get a touch screen deck for awhile.

Oh boy the mod bug has already began and you haven't had it all that long J/K :jester:

Where do you find most of you electronics at online?

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I find stuff all over, but in this case it was the same price to get it from Crutchfield and save the $30 on the brackets and other crap that comes with, I could have picked up a refurb for $100 less but it had a shorter warranty.

I bought my headunit from Amazon for half the price of what it normally would be. Amazon has his headunit for $494.

nice yeah that seems to be the going rate for it. It crazy the deals you can get online. I was looking at a head unit here in town and they wanted $1099.00 and I found it for $700.00 on Sonicelectronix. as much as I'd like to give my local shop my money its hard to compete with a $400.00 difference.

Agreed. Best buy wanted almost $800 for my headunit, $300 for my sub etc. All in all I would have spent over $2,000 for my full system. I got it all online from amazon and Onlinecarstereo.com for $1,200. There will always be those people that just buy it regardless...

Crutchfield had it for $499, eBay was like $20 cheaper at the most and no warranty. I have a hard time buying stuff locally nowadays too and I much rather buy locally if it is at all similar, but it's so much cheaper to get it online especially if you can install it yourself.

I actually prefer to do the install without the GMOS-04, all I loose is Retained Accessory Power and the annoying chimes which I like gone anyway. I have several of the antenna adapters in my toolbox since my last three trucks have been the same body style, and I need to check and see if the steering control adapter in my current truck will work with the Pioneer before I order one. I need to check into the ebrake relay but I honestly don't really care if it can play movies while in motion anyway, but knowing me I will do it anyway just in case I want to use that feature at some point.