GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some more accomplished, no pictures as it isn't too exciting. But I ran a power wire from the back of the bed to the starter for the relocated battery. Also installed a new starter since the little stud snapped off when I removed it last time. Finished wiring under the hood completely. And put most of my dash back together. Still want to re wire my gauges to finish up the dash. It's almost time to install the 80e and see if it works.

its going to go under the bed on the PS side inside the frame rail. I already ran the cable and have the box im going to use. Just have to got some steel to weld up a bracket. Once you move the battery out of the engine compartment, you are required to add a push/pull on off switch, so ill have that sticking threw the roll pan on that side as well. Plans are to eventually put a fuel cell out back, and cut out every factory crossmember (cab back) and put in chromoly crossmembers, along with ladder bars. But I want to get it running and driving this summer and fix all the imperfections in the paint. I know that now I will have enough power, and I can work on the suspension. Go coil overs up front along with possibly swapping to some g-body spindles and lightweight brakes, swap to some 5 lug wheels, and ladders bars with possible lightweight discs outback as well. It never ends, but I know as it sits it such break some hearts....

On a higher not, I removed the 4l60 today and transfered everything to the 80. Also re-wired my gauges and the interior is complete! All the body panels are back on as well. See how far I get tomorrow, I should be firing her up soon.

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

its going to go under the bed on the PS side inside the frame rail. I already ran the cable and have the box im going to use. Just have to got some steel to weld up a bracket. Once you move the battery out of the engine compartment, you are required to add a push/pull on off switch, so ill have that sticking threw the roll pan on that side as well. Plans are to eventually put a fuel cell out back, and cut out every factory crossmember (cab back) and put in chromoly crossmembers, along with ladder bars. But I want to get it running and driving this summer and fix all the imperfections in the paint. I know that now I will have enough power, and I can work on the suspension. Go coil overs up front along with possibly swapping to some g-body spindles and lightweight brakes, swap to some 5 lug wheels, and ladders bars with possible lightweight discs outback as well. It never ends, but I know as it sits it such break some hearts....

On a higher not, I removed the 4l60 today and transfered everything to the 80. Also re-wired my gauges and the interior is complete! All the body panels are back on as well. See how far I get tomorrow, I should be firing her up soon.

Guys I own a fab shop and if it was something enough people wanted I could design and fab up a box with the brackets for a easy install.. Steel or aluminum hell even stainless if that's what ya want...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice you going balls out drag on this truck ??

Passenger side is what I had in mind as well with a cut off near bumper. I just haven't really got into it much, but I'll probably try and put something together and then find a buddy's buddy to weld it up for me.

I finally had the trans taken apart, a little disappointed with the last builde that promised all these parts I paid for. This might be the last stab I give a 60 a try.

Thickcajun: there are only a few RWD guys on here that are all about drag racing, I don't think much of the Awd guys would care to transfer a bit of weight to back. But it can be done to make way for a turbo.

• 1 month later...

Well if been having a ton of little issues. First two step was cutting power all the time. Figured out a pin had pulled out. F65FB6BD-AE0E-40CD-8802-E3530BF1D96D_zps

Then I was having some issues with plug wires blowing off. Figured out heat was earning them and pushing them off. Fixed that. Finally start to tune her and the trans takes a dump. I swap in another 80 and got her going. th_0D9E230E-E8A8-49A5-9B30-92426840E6A8_

Go to the track last night. Traction is still a struggle. Leaving at 4psi on the gate 8psi spring she rolls out but trans started to slip on me. The thing boogies but needs a built trans very badly along with some Adjustable shocks and maybe even some weight outback. I'll get back to working out the bugs and keep everyone updated.