GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

Got the victor jr installed today.

22D8F4CF-29CE-4B4C-A4A3-8AD36F042213_zps

88F440A4-8D02-4001-8F07-215A29F7C54C_zps

6DE4CCF1-2D37-4E37-BBFA-66FF551FDDCD_zps

Overall install wasnt too bad. Other than the fact that I hate making an lines and constantly stab myself. Oh and if anyone decides to use this manifold, save yourself the hassle and buy the edelbrock rails. I bought some aftermarket black rails and spent more time than I should have making adapters to hold the rails down. Oh, and I wasn't sent bolts with my manifold, so I went to Home Depot and lowes and the close invould get in stainless in the correct thread were a half inch too long so I had to cut them as well. I tried to use my volant tube, but it's no where near close enough to work now. I had ebay tube laying around, I made it work, but I really need to order some tubing and weld a custom one up to work with the new placement of the throttle body. I had a tab welded on the elbow for the x link to mount to, I used some velcrow to hold it on there. I don't think its gonna be enough and am looking into other options to hold it rigid enough but clean and not bolting it down.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be. Just have some more pieces of the entire build to get squared away and Installed before I go back. But, 11.8's with a 1.9 60ft are old news. I'm on a quest to put a stock bottom end lq9 SS into the 10's

Stuff is getting real ....

E0CD0939-77B4-47F5-BD83-96CE8426267F_zps

Mickey Thompson 295 45 17's should be here Friday. Front runners for now, will

Be 215 55 17 that I got for free brand new. I know

My heights are off but I was told to try it before buying more tires. Should have these things mounted and on this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

33429A05-FD28-4838-8C51-03CCC3ECE6A4_zps

Finally got everything mounted. Been super busy so haven't been able to update you guys. Oh and build plans have changed as well.

361C8008-1EC7-4D3F-86B9-62C1D3EDC2DB_zps

S475 .96 / 1.32 T6 I also at the same time picked up twin jgs 40 mm gates, jgs 50 mm blow off valve, some 2.25" piping, truck manifolds, v bands, oil lines and fragola fittings, 60 lb injectors (I think I'm gonna go 80's), LJMS stage 2 turbo cam along with a ton of extras I don't need so a bunch of parts will be for sale soon!

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

Haha i love nitrous! Just found a deal I couldn't refuse. I have a few customer cars at my house I have to complete before I can touch mine. But I'll prolly try and keep this one simple with an a/a intercooler with a simple fuel system. Can't wait for the rollpan to get here and win the lottery so I can order a new hood since the tree in my yard is possessed by devil squirrels who throw big ass nuts onto my truck

contact Derek @ 1320 wheels. he hooked me up and I had the wheels in 4 days. I wont say what I paid for them; but ill put it this way after selling my pitted chrome ss 20's with baldish tires, I put up $800 and had brand new wheels and brand new tires all the way around. I have a ton of parts on order. quick rundown is that I found a plug and play 3 bar map sensor, got a flex joint for the crossover, walboro 450, racetronix hotwire kit, 4" thick intercooler, boost and fuel gauges, aeromotive 13129 FPR, and a Hallman manual boost controller. I might upgrade to an eboost2 down the road or boostleash. Im trying to find a set of 80lb injectors right now used. If anyone knows of some please let me know! I have to order all my line and fittings for my fuel system, 4" downpipe, muffler, and hangers, some exhaust wrap, cold side piping (if anyone knows where to get some that already have bead rolled ends and aren't china aluminum), also a couple trans parts and u joints. That should get me up and running again. I do plan on running meth so im open to suggestions on which kits you all run. Oh and I almost forgot, what is a turbo build without a two step? Pics to follow when parts start arriving. One more question, pros and cons of venting the wastegates to the atmosphere and also placement. I will run my crossover up front and am running manifolds.