GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

well picked it up last night. it needs a good detail, and im having TAC module issues, but im happy to have it home. ill post pics as soon as I can. photobucket is blocked at work

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I'm gonna test this setup out first. But I wanted to switch intakes for a while now and when I saw this elbow for sale I was like screw it I'll start collecting parts and when I get all of them I'll switch, but until then, running the Tbss

Went to test and tune yesterday. With 7* pulled and a br7ef plug, I could only muster up a 13.9 with a 2.0 60ft. I mainly wanted to find the sweet spot with the converter, cam, tire, assassin bar setup. I feel like we made progress but it's still a long ways away. My buddy brought his bottle which only had 500psi in it, we heated it up to 950 and made a hit. Spun a little out the hole, ran out of nitrous about 400ft out and still went 13.2@103. 60ft was crappy as well. More testing and tuning to do but I easily have a 12 in her. As soon as my buddy sends me the videos I'll upload them.

Went to test and tune yesterday. With 7* pulled and a br7ef plug, I could only muster up a 13.9 with a 2.0 60ft. I mainly wanted to find the sweet spot with the converter, cam, tire, assassin bar setup. I feel like we made progress but it's still a long ways away. My buddy brought his bottle which only had 500psi in it, we heated it up to 950 and made a hit. Spun a little out the hole, ran out of nitrous about 400ft out and still went 13.2@103. 60ft was crappy as well. More testing and tuning to do but I easily have a 12 in her. As soon as my buddy sends me the videos I'll upload them.

2.0 60' time is that with the slicks? Were you checking tire pressure? What was your mph with the NA 13.9 pass?

Did you try both brake stalling and flashing the converter? With this yank converter I found brake stalling gave me the the best results. I have a yank 3400 PAS stall similar to your yank 3600 SS, the PAS is for power adder's might work better with your setup give your running nitrous. When I bought it I had a turbo in mind lol

Either way congrats on making some passes and it's all about seeing what works best, keep at it.

The 13.9 was at 101mph. Yea on slicks et streets. I found on my setup so far brake stalling to 2800 netted best results. When I get home tonight I'll post slips in order with what I changed each time. I went as low as 12psi in the tires with barely any movement. I need to play with the assassin bars more. I barely had them loaded. I just need more seat time to play with it all. But I will post slips in order with my changes tonight

101 MPH seems more like a low 13 second MPH. And with the 2.0 60' considering you'd pull a 1.8 60' time, that should gain you .4 putting you around a 13.5 1/4 time. But there's lost of factors to consider, D/A would be the biggest I think. Also check your tire PSI after the runs.

No shock extenders, I have the bell techs with the heights for the 3/4 drop. I think you mentioned having the shock positions changed on your truck for the rear, still thinking about doing that?

DA isn't the worse but better DA is always a plus, and your elevation is similar to mine.

And you have some timing pulled too, do you have tuning software? Would be cool to be able to load another tune with advanced timing for NA passes.

Yea hptuners is my next purchase. My shocks are so compressed at the moment I'm gonna pick me up some extenders and some pinion shims as well. I am running stock shocks at the moment. Debating which shocks to go with and I'm gonna use stock locations for now and will eventually move them to behind the axle. One thing I noticed is I need a better array of jets. I needed a 60 jet for fuel side but only had a 62

Since your still searching for shocks, I'd set them up the way you want them behind the axle and find some adjustable shocks. Did you62 get ahold of Norcal on shocks?

On the jets did you mean 62 for for the nitrous and not fuel? If I remember right for a single nozzle setup its something like 60/30 nitrous/fuel for jetting.

I was going off of their jet sizing charts: C7CEB6FD-8646-42FD-BD1F-86027EF30576_zps

Jetted for 200

I'm running a low pressure dedicated system. Fuel pressure was at 6.5lbs I just straight ran out of nitrous on my pass.