Confused!!!!!!

Blazerdave2000

So. A friend of a friend of a friend got his SSS tuned yesterday. It was basically stock except for a few little Add ones and a built up Trans with a stall. A bunch of us went together to get a feel for the place and the tuner for when I get my whipple installed I was planning on going to the same place. We get there talk to one of the guys then the tuner walks in we hand him the keys and he never asked what was done to the truck at all. Takes the keys with his laptop and rolls out. Comes back in 20 mins hands us the keys and says here u go all done and walks out. We pay and then we leave. Lol. Something don't seem right here lol?

We have no clue what he did? He never asked what was done to the truck at all? I thought these guys had to know everything? Anyway does this seem right to you guys? I'm now nervous to take my truck up there?

Thanks

I don't think they have to know everything. What he's going to do is get some data logs, at WOT partial. Etc. adjust timing, fuel, etc. get some more logs, adjust again if needed. Doesn't really matter what's done to the truck (I don't think) I'm no pro. So I may be completely wrong. BUT I would like a place that talks to me, tells me what they did, and all that so I know he actually did something. Not just drive around, waste my gas, use my truck for an errand he needed to run. And come back. Hahaha.

I don't think they have to know everything. What he's going to do is get some data logs, at WOT partial. Etc. adjust timing, fuel, etc. get some more logs, adjust again if needed. Doesn't really matter what's done to the truck (I don't think) I'm no pro. So I may be completely wrong. BUT I would like a place that talks to me, tells me what they did, and all that so I know he actually did something. Not just drive around, waste my gas, use my truck for an errand he needed to run. And come back. Hahaha.

Lol yea I know what u mean. I'm just crazy when it comes to this stuff. I want it done right. I like peace of mind.

I would want to know alot more about what he did. No way would I take my truck to him. Zippy asked me a lot of questions when I got mine done and I also told him a few things I wanted done. He knows what's he's doing and even explained things to me. He spent time telling me about it and is very knowledgable. That guy seems shady.

there is not much you can do as far as live tuning with 20 mins.... he wouldve just read the PCM, changed a few things and reflashed it. thats it. IMO it sounds like a half-ass job... when i tune an LSx, it usually takes 2-3 hrs

I would want to know alot more about what he did. No way would I take my truck to him. Zippy asked me a lot of questions when I got mine done and I also told him a few things I wanted done. He knows what's he's doing and even explained things to me. He spent time telling me about it and is very knowledgable. That guy seems shady.

Yes I do agree zippy would be the man to go to. Only problem would be he's 2 days away lol. I was thinking about getting a trailer and taking it to Ohio to PCM for less. I'm sure they would do a better job?

The money your buddy paid covered what Zippy tuned my truck for, (long distance), plus I bought a spare PCM in the deal to reduce down time with my truck. (Thats been a while, price could have gone up).

Like Jason says; Zippy asked for plenty of info and about mods before doing the tune.

I wouldn't have a good feeling about the guy your bud went to and I know that I wouldn't go back to him.

The distance from Zippy doesn't mean much when tuning a truck with light mods as he knows these trucks pretty good. It would be worth talking to him about your set up with the Whipple.

This is true^^^^. Unless your dead set on have a live tune I wouldn't hesitate in letting Zippy tune my whipple or Maggie by mail order. Ill tell you with all my new mods I did and a bunch ill say at once, he nailed it spot on. My truck runs great I love driving it everyday. You might wanna at least call him and talk to him he's a really nice guy.

I've heard BBperformance has this thing they send you. You get logs of your truck, email it to them, they send you back a tune, then you log it again. And email it back. Then they give you a more fine tuned product. I live an hour or so from their dyno. So I'll be getting that done when I buid my turbo for it after I lower it. But I've heard great things with them.

I've heard BBperformance has this thing they send you. You get logs of your truck, email it to them, they send you back a tune, then you log it again. And email it back. Then they give you a more fine tuned product. I live an hour or so from their dyno. So I'll be getting that done when I buid my turbo for it after I lower it. But I've heard great things with them.

This. Never heard one bad thing about Black Bear and I plan on doing this mailing method once I get one. I known a few who got it and love it

sent from your HTC Rezound

I bought a v2 through Justin at Blackbear. I logged my truck, he tuned it, I logged the tune and we didn't see any reason to modify.

I have had two tunes done by wait4 me which were decent. My last tune was done by a local guy who did as the op described. I went back to him multiple times for retunes as I had extreme amount of pinging and large losses in economy. After the third time I told the tard to pull it and went to BB. Justin did a top notch job, it was an excellent experience and I would recommend his services to anyone. I'm super excited to see what I can get in the quarter this year with the new tune and long tubes.

Go, zippy, Blackbear or Wheatley and don't look back.

I bought a v2 through Justin at Blackbear. I logged my truck, he tuned it, I logged the tune and we didn't see any reason to modify.

I have had two tunes done by wait4 me which were decent. My last tune was done by a local guy who did as the op described. I went back to him multiple times for retunes as I had extreme amount of pinging and large losses in economy. After the third time I told the tard to pull it and went to BB. Justin did a top notch job, it was an excellent experience and I would recommend his services to anyone. I'm super excited to see what I can get in the quarter this year with the new tune and long tubes.

Go, zippy, Blackbear or Wheatley and don't look back.