Confused!!!!!!

Blazerdave2000

No timing expert bit I have had my car dyno tuned several times by reputable tuners. Each time they wanted a complete list of mods so they could make adjustments according to what the car had.

Esp with something like injectors, I don't see how the data could tell the tuner what lb/hr they are. I would think the tuner would need to know this along with other things like gears, stall, lbs of boost, fuel pump and so on....

Well I know when I had my cobalt, my dad has a obd2 reader I think* and when we plugged it in and drove it logged the data. And I remember the data telling me what percent the injectors were at, what boost I was at, what my AFR was. Etc. so while I totally agree much easier with a list of mods. I feel like the data log gives you quite a lot of Info. But I'm not a tuner nor do I claim to be. This is just my opinion. I still think the guy your friend went to was very unprofessional. And I wouldn't go to him again.

Well I know when I had my cobalt, my dad has a obd2 reader I think* and when we plugged it in and drove it logged the data. And I remember the data telling me what percent the injectors were at, what boost I was at, what my AFR was. Etc. so while I totally agree much easier with a list of mods. I feel like the data log gives you quite a lot of Info. But I'm not a tuner nor do I claim to be. This is just my opinion. I still think the guy your friend went to was very unprofessional. And I wouldn't go to him again.

Percent your injectors are running is not what size your injector is.......an OBII reader will only log wha the ecu of the car can do. I have a snap on reader and it does the same thing. But it does not ell me anything close to what mods my car has.

It's def better to go to a tuner who asks for a mod list prior to tuning.....

im with powell on this one. If you plan on doing mods in spurts, def purchase an autocal. If you live too far from a tuner you want. Im pretty sure anyone who tunes using EFILive can email tunes to be uploaded via the autocal. I had a live tune done by justin and am nothing but pleased with service and everything. I recommend any of the big 3. Zippy is a big supporter of the site as well. All very knowledgable guys and will steer you in the right direction build wise.