Hp tuner credits??

Blazerdave2000

I was wanting to get into this and learn how to tune. So I went ahead and bought the pro version of hp tuners. I haven't recieved it yet but I've reading lots of stuff. From what I'm getting out I this the new program comes with 8 credits. You have to have credits to tune a vehicle. It takes like10 credits to unlock all the parameters in the tune? And 1 credit cost like 35 bucks? That's the craziest thing I ever heard lol. Am I missing something here?

What would it cost for a SD tune? My dad has EFIlive for his dura max, and I'm about to start building a turbo for my truck so I'm gonna see if he will let me use his if I buy the credits, I'm thinking of running 8-10psi. Once I tune a truck, do I get mess with that tune indefinitely? Like if I tuned it before the turbo to try and get the feel for tuning, then just edit that tune for the turbo? Or buy 2+ more credits to tune it for the turbo? Thanks guys.