Turbo 408 stroker build- 03 Siverado SS

shawnss

Yeah I'm only planning on running around 14-15lbs max. I'm hoping it will hit my goal with that. I want a happy medium. The last 6.0 I had in the truck as a lq4 so it had even lower compression. I think they are like 9:5:1 or something close it still seemed to spool up pretty quick. But I didn't want to go with really low compression. Because of course they are a dog off boost. I know a few guys that went with super low compression and they weren't all that happy. So I think 9:8:1 will be decent. Now its just wait for more parts a get the block to the machine shop.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That's a chunk of change! $$$

yes they are a chunky of change new. But I bought this used off a gto. Its a low mileage intake he was putting the car back to stock. So it wasn't to bad. I got quite a few fittings with it and the fuel rails for $725 shipped

Not to shabby. With all the fittings and rail with the intake he had just over 1300.00 into it. I was thinking of buying new but happened to come across this. But as you can see for the conditions its in it didn't have many miles on it.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Hopefully its one of the few that doesnt leak like crazy...

yeah I hope so to. But if so it can be fixed. Jon and Will both have one and theirs didn't leak so I hope this one doesn't. Most of the ones that leaked were when they were first released. According to what I have read the new ones don't have any issues now. But either way comp will fix them if the do leak.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a bit of time cleaning here up today. I will now be stripping the complete frame down to the bare metal and coat it. right now I looking at the POR-15 frame coating. A lot of guys really like it. it dry's hard and dry's completely unlike the factory undercoating. this si really going to slow down the build a bit sense its taking so long to strip the old undercoating. but it will be worth it in the end. I figured sense the truck was already ripped down. I wold just tear everything else down also. I will also be removing the cab so it will be a bare frame before to long. I never thought my truck would ever be down to it bare frame but I guess thats how things go and plans change along the way with a new build.

Her's how she sit's as of today.

IMG_7070_zps5af9fc47.jpgIMG_7071_zpsb33c1cff.jpgIMG_7072_zps18bf76b0.jpgIMG_7074_zps97f82e80.jpgIMG_7076_zps8a7d84a9.jpgIMG_7077_zpsab01687d.jpg

starting stripping it down. this is a long process.

IMG_7080_zps1a906615.jpg

IMG_7081_zps186e253a.jpg

IMG_7086_zpsdcbb17a4.jpg

Looking good. I love your attention to detail. Dont you hate that factory coating?!

yes it is pretty nasty stuff. I had a transmission line break after first getting the truck and that made the coating really bad. It made it extremely soft so if you touched it the coat would stick to you. as for the attention to detail this is something I'm trying to get better at. it will never be as clean as your build. but I will try to make it as clean as possible. When I first ripped into the truck my plan was not to go this deep. but this is the time to do it now. so will see where I'm at in the end.

Looking good. I love your attention to detail. Dont you hate that factory coating?!

X2 looks like yr doing it right. You will love it when it's done. Looks great

Starting a new trend by running two different rims? Haha. Looks like you're making progress. Itll be nice to pull the cab, clean and shoot the frame, and have all that room to build the motor in the long run. This has always been one of my favorite trucks on the forum. Its gonna be a monster when its done. Keep up the good work.