Turbo 408 stroker build- 03 Siverado SS

shawnss

When I first ripped into the truck my plan was not to go this deep. but this is the time to do it now. so will see where I'm at in the end.

ha, tell me about it. My current build has snowballed into a snowman. But whats new....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting a new trend by running two different rims? Haha. Looks like you're making progress. Itll be nice to pull the cab, clean and shoot the frame, and have all that room to build the motor in the long run. This has always been one of my favorite trucks on the forum. Its gonna be a monster when its done. Keep up the good work.

For the wheels its because Ive been to lazy to put all 4 back on. I took the boss wheels off the SS and had it on jack stands while tearing it down. well in the mean time I had remove my kmc slides 24s off my DD. well i had just stacked both sets of 24s on the same pile. well I needed to get the SS in rolling form so I just grabbed whatever wheels were there. some how the SS has 3 of the boss 330s and one KMC on it. it should be a fun build. a little bit slower than I had first planned. with all the other things coming up but I want to make it the way I have wanted it for awhile.

spent a few hours wrenching away today. seems like every time I turn around im digging a bit deeper into this project. I took the cab off today, that was a job. I did this by myself in my drive way with just a few normal tools. 4 jack stands 2 floor jacks a cherry picker and a few blocks of wood. I had no help around so that kind of made it a little more difficult, but I got the job done. I could have had a few buddys just come over and help but it was early and I didnt want to wake anybody up on a Saturday morning. so heres some pictures.

so in the next few weeks I will be removing everything from the frame and getting it all stripped down and ready to get it coated .

IMG_7107_zps1aafae9a.jpg

IMG_7106_zps3f57d7a3.jpg

IMG_7105_zps7fb71e29.jpg

IMG_7103_zps9cc0a92a.jpg

IMG_7100_zpscd84a75b.jpg

IMG_7099_zpsce131e8d.jpg

Wow! Nice work bud! Looks like you have some room to work too! And a quad to relieve stress when things don't go your way! Haha

yeah the quad is fun. spend a lot of time riding that to so that takes time away from the truck. sad thing is I have more money into the suspension on the quad then the truck. few hundred dollars in the truck suspension $3400.00 in the quad suspension. I have dumped way to much money into the quad now no turning back I'll own it forever. its crazy how you can get wrapped up in toys. Some times I wish I could just focus on just one project and it could be something really sweet. something show quality.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Yeah but the quad rides out man that's a monster. Truck is coming along. How is the engine coming?

Havent even dropped it by the machine shop yet. with the little guy I'm pretty busy after work. most of my free time is on the weekends which he isn't open but should get it dropped off soon. probably just going to drop it by on my lunch hour one day here soon. but I have plenty of other things to keep me busy with the truck right now. I want the frame done before the motor is put together. I'll be installing the motor without the front end on. I'd like to spend a lot of time cleaning up wires and routing them in away they are a bit hidden. I will be extending a lot of the wires.

Man shawn, you make me feel like such a lazy bastard lol. I know its going to take a while, but i can't wait to see the finished product. Definantly subscribed. Congrats on the new born aswell, i just found out 3 days ago, my wife is pregnant, which will be our first kid also!

• 3 months later...

progress on the truck has been slim to none. I have been super busy at work and have taken on a few other side jobs for the owner of the company I work for. So i haven't even touched the truck in a month or so. But I have been really itching to work on it bad!!!! I will be spending this up coming weekend working on it all weekend.

Summer is a very bad time for me. I spend most of my weekends at racing events. drag strip, circle dirt track, hill climbs, racing my ATV, ect. so finding time to work on my own projects is hard.

Here about 2 months back one of my employees wrecked one of our delivery vehicles. well the truck only had libilty insurance on it so it wasnt covered under insurance and we had just got done puitting a brand new 7k engine in the truck so out owner didnt just want to scrap the truck. so I took on the project of rebuild this delivery truck to save the owner a few thousand dollars. so i have been super busy with getting it all back together. it did $7000.00 worth of damage so i had to get pretty deep into the truck. So its been taking all my spare time on the weekend. but Its pretty much all done just waiting for one part to complete the truck then I will have my weekends back to work on the SS.

but I will post some updates soon. It's killing me seeing my truck torn down sitting in the garage. But i'm thinking most of the truck will come together this coming winter. winters are super slow for me since I live in Montana and we tend to get a lot of snow. so i spend a lot of time in the garage.

• 1 month later...