SD OR MAF??

Silverado2469

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you can not increase the hard boundaries set by the pcm. We can only manipulate what's there, but not increase them. A custom os by efilive increases the map boundary from 1bar to 3bar. Otherwise you will still be limited to a 1bar tune.

Now if you want a task, there are a few guys who have removed the stock ls1 pcm and went with an e38. Those have native boost tables and a 16000Hz maf. Plus no need for a tac module with them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

So I picked up the EFIlive, and have been messing with the scan function. I'm working with EFIlive to get my registration key so I can tune it. Lots of features. Most I have no idea what they mean haha. But so far I've found out a lot of good info I think. But I was a little confused on my injector size. I have a 2001 5.3l. But it has 42lb injectors. According to EFIlive. After some research that seems way high. I though the 5.3l came with like 28lb an hour injectors? Or 32. Something like that. 42 seems pretty big. Also my max g/cycle was .60 is that about average? Again I thought I read somewhere that a guy who was running a turbo at 8 psi was only at like .80. Or so. So .60 seems kinda high. (I'm probably wrong). I couldn't find what PID read injector duty cycle. Also my AFR according to EFIlive at WOT is 11.57. There's a lot more info But I'm just going from memory as I'm at work. Not at home. When I get my registration key ill look at the tuning parameters. And then go from there and adjust things.

Ok. So I got everything figured out, I forgot I had a Hypertech programmer on it, (to adjust tire size) and I adjusted shift points. And put the 87 tune on it. I took it off. Downloaded stock tune back on the PCM. Stored that on my computer, saved 3 times 1 to edit, 1 for stock, and a stock back up. Here are some pictures of stock logging. Still looking at the tune, and I'm confused out of my mind. Haha. But I'm just taking it one step at a time. Thursday, Friday Saturday are my days off. And I'm going to sit down and look at it till I can't see anymore and hope that something clicks. Haha.

y9are4am.jpg7eqa9yjy.jpgsugeza6a.jpg

Keep the PID count to 20 or less. Also make sure to use a wideband for tuning. Look through the tuning tutorials on EFI Lives website. They basically walk you through what you need to log. Adjusting the tune takes some planning and knowledge of what the parameter effects. Like you just can't add fuel here and here and not do anything with the air flow etc.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Depends on what you are tuning. Idle, wot, VE tables, etc. Read the tutorials on the EFI Live forum. Most will tell you how to with and without a wb. To be honest if this is your first go at it I would wait to tune till you get a wb.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2