Zippy....

Well 3 weeks ago I ordered a tuned computer from zippy for my set up with the supercharger and all. Have him all my credit card info and was told it would be about a week. Well 2 weeks later I was never billed or called. I tried calling a bunch of times for like 3 days and finally got a hold of him. He apologized it took so long and said he was sending my computer out the very next day! Well now 3 weeks later I still have yet to be billed and no computer and won't answer his text or phone. Does this sound normal? I would really like to have this guy tune my computer he's the best from what I have read and told. Buy I'm being held up? Any ideas? Anyone good buddies with him lol??? Help a brother out.

Same issue here. Left him half a dozen texts. Wanting to get my new setup reflashed. Lots of idling issues etc. But cant get ahold of him. And no. This isnt normal. He's always been very fast to respond and very very helpful. He is very good at what he does and i know he can get busy. But its been frustrating not being able to get ahold of him. Ive got several data logs here i want to send him to have looked at as well. Like i said, im sure hes busy, but its been over 4weeks since ive heard from him. Is he okay?

I have also had a hard time contacting him. I hope everything thing is fine with him and its just that he is super busy. I know that might stink for members trying to get a tune from him. I had called him wanting him to price quote me a 408 rotating assembly and a bunch of other parts. he told me it would be a day or so before he got a hold of me with a price. that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have sense sent him a few texts messages. with no replys.

I'm right here. I'll say right up front for me to not answer phone calls is very rare. Texting I answer when I get time since it is a text, texting is not a right away thing. If something needs to be handled right away, call me. When I take a pcm order some get done right away, some don't. 3 weeks is more than normal I will say. I will also point out that when I have to source the pcm's for the customer it takes more time. After I get the pcm if there is an issue I need to handle with something in the shop I do that first because when I sit down to do mail order pcm's they require alot more thought and work since I am sending out a tune that needs to be as close to tuned correctly in one shot as I can get. Considering a normal tune on a vehicle that someone brings me whether it be dyno or street tune takes 30-50 reflashes. Currently I have had a Dodge in the shop with a rediculous value to the car that is one of those needs to leave vehicles and has kept me from catching up on my mail orders. If I have an order it will get shipped. Rarely have I held anyone up from driving their vehicle by sending a pcm out on a specific date. I have 3 pcm's leaving this week and about 30-40 or so customers I work with over e-mail tuning. I don't like it to be that many, but there aren't alot of choices for some. I'll happily give my e-mail address and password to anyone wanting to see who has and hasn't recently sent logs. If you send a log and I don' see it, resend and resend and resend. Over all else call me. I can't be the guy who helps everyone and yet doesn't get behind.

Just extremely busy we all know how that is just be patient. To me zippy is the best there is if you gotta wait a little no biggie. We're all human and get really busy. Keep up the good work Zippy.

Just extremely busy we all know how that is just be patient. To me zippy is the best there is if you gotta wait a little no biggie. We're all human and get really busy. Keep up the good work Zippy.

oh I know this. that's why I don't pressure him I just give him his time. Heck I'm clearly in no rush. I only have about 50% of my parts to even complete the truck. At this rate it could be 5 more years before its even readty. :jester: ha I sure hope not.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Exactly. Keep up the good work Zippy, and I will definitely call the shop and set something up. I can't imagine how much work it is to try and make a base tune for some extreme setup, and get as close to perfect as you do in one shot. This is why, no matter how long i gotta stand in line, I will not go to another tuner, because my truck deserves the best and zippy is just that. And thanks Frank for the clarification. Good to hear from ya zippy.

mike aka zippy is a VERY knowledgeable guy and great tuner, not to mention a nice guy. like said above, he is really busy. im sure he did not ignore you and if that was going on he wasnt aware of it. like he said, you cant leave him messages there are too many to sort through in a reasonable amount of time. ive known him for years and he has always been reliable, you just have to know how to get ahold of him. hopefully you stick with him for your tune, it would be worth your confusion/wait lol

• 1 month later...