Installing my lowering kit

Well. Not sure if this is the right section. But I got my 3/5 lowering kit in the mail yesterday. So I started taking the truck apart. (Quick shout out to norcalSS for an amazing kit. At an amazing price.) I'm doing a rear flip kit. And front LCA's. with belltech shocks, and a rear sway bar.

So I started on the rear end, I've never touched a vehicle to lower it. Never messed with leaf springs, nothing. So far I'm into the truck a total of 3~ hours. And it's raining on and off so I gotta keep picking tool up move them inside when it stops raining I get back put there. Wish I knew you had to drop the tank to get the front driver side leaf spring off. I just filled up 26 gallons. Before I started working on it -_- so I'm not dropping that tank. So I took the tow hitch off. (I have a 2001 RCSB z71). I'm turning into a replica SS. So first I took just passenger side leaf off. Hoping I could get that side on. Pull it that way then put it over driver side leaf. (Can't, unless you unhook the cables, and hoses to the rear end. So tow hitch came off and back driver side leaf came down. And I Maneuvered it around the axle. 30 minutes later I had succeeded. So I'm all pumped up. And ready to finish this thing! And it starts raining -_- so I'm inside right now. Waiting for it to stop starring out the window. I havnt started on the front yet, and I finish the back ill start up there. Ill get some pics up soon. I didn't get a before pic of it sideways. Wish I did. But here are some random before pics.

8u9u8e3a.jpg

6yratube.jpg

pavyjeru.jpg

ve3ube6u.jpg

New update coming in a little. Rained died down. I'm gonna go back to work. While my confidence is still booming from figuring out how to get it over the leaf spring haha

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a7yjyga3.jpgeqy8eta7.jpg

Got the leaf springs installed. Axle over the spring, just gotta install u bolts, driveshaft, and then the c notch. Only 3:48 minutes into the whole thing. Making good time I think. Once I got the axle over the springs, it's been pretty easy since then.

Awesome thanks.

Ok I have a question now. For the rear shocks the kit says install on right side shock extender. Did that. Now it says install "this shock here" and a different shock driver side, but both rear shocks are the same. Do I still install the shock extender? Or?

avujymaj.jpg

Rear tires on. Definitely need to use the c-notch. Shock extender is on. Havnt installed passenger shock yet, only thing left to do, cut old bump stops off. Install c-moth. It started raining again. So I'm inside waiting it out. Hopefully not very much rain right now. Put the rims on cuz I couldn't wait to see how they looked. And I'm very happy with them, hopefully when it all done there won't be that gap right there. If that gets taken up which I think it will. Ill be ecstatic.

ypuse2a2.jpg

It will be a little lower than this as well. Right now it's all the way up against the bump stop. I'm waiting for my dad to get up to help me with the c-notch. Cuz I don't wanna F it up. So I want him to watch as I do the cutting etc. so he can stop me or give advice to make it easier, neater, etc.

Man if I had help I'd probably be done. Lol. Started on the LCA's. and had to break 2 wheel studs, I took it to the dealer last week to get the brakes flushed, they had air in the ABS. And I don't have a tech 2 to simulate the ABS and get the air out. And they cross threaded 2 lug nuts. So I took the air gun. And hit them till the snapped off. I'm gonna take them down to the dealership and demand they replace the parts. 2 lug nuts and 2 wheel studs. Dad woke up, and told me, we would take the truck to his work, put it on a lift. And do we can do the c-notch there. (Would have been nice to do the whole truck there lol. But oh well. So tomorrow going to finish up. My girls on her way over. So tomorrow shell be finished.