Installing my lowering kit

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job so far, it is a pain to do stuff like this by your self. I have lowered 3 of my own trucks by myself and by thentime you do the third one you get pretty fast at it. It should be pretty sweet looking when all done. Keep up the good work.

Well gonna be another week before I finish... Have work tomorrow. And we didn't make it to my dads work to do the c-notch, and I just finished putting the LCA's on. Royal pain in the ass. Took me about 2-3 hours a side. And just realized I have one of the torsion keys indexed facing down. And I can't get the torsion bar to come out of the new LCA.. So I'm gonna borrow a car from my parents. And then come down next week to finish. The damn rain Thursday Friday. Pretty much screwed me. Only being able to work 30-60 minutes at a time sucked. Here are some pics of the front.

a5u6eqap.jpg

namezasy.jpgbuvubuqe.jpg

uragunep.jpg

uqa4yry2.jpguqe4a6ym.jpgu3u5esed.jpgyremedad.jpgu8asehyj.jpg

Hopefully more next Thursday of a completed vehicle.

pu4y7ahu.jpg

a8uhaseq.jpg

6y4ajate.jpgqyje7y6e.jpg

Well only thing left to do, add the rear lift shackles to bring a more level stance, and do the c-notch. Then get it aligned, figured I'd Sri a picture of the nova in there as well. It's getting a new 9" put in it soon. We blew the old 10 bolt up. Haha.

Looks like I won't be notching the frame just yet. After removing bump stops I have at least 4". And I still need to I stall the rear lift shackles. For another inch or so ill finish Install tomorrow and get her aligned. And go from there on what I need. So far I'm loving the truck. The front is a little bit higher than the rear right now. About an inch. And considering I have 2" lift keys just about as loose as they go that's about right. I need to get the rims milled about 1/2" so they fit inside the wheel well and I can then go a little lower. So happy with the install and look of the truck. Awesome!

Thanks :D always nice to hear when you do something that not only do you like it. But others do to! And ya the nova is a lot of fun haha. Does the 1/8th at 7 flat at 100mph. And that was with a 1.7-1.8 60'. The new rear end should put it down to a 6.70~ car. With like a 1.5 60'. (So were hoping.)

Yup it's a street car, right now it's a 383 stroker, cage inside, 2 seats. Trans is a power glide. We just bought a set of 18* heads though. And my dads wants to build a 400 small block. He hasn't made up his mind if he's gonna just rebuild the 383 with the new heads, and put a new cam etc. or build a 400+" sbc. Ill be outside a little later. Ill snap a few shots.

So I got it aligned today. The camber is still off but it's maxed out. And it's not completely aligned. Is there a camber kit they sell to fix it? And I need to fix the back it hit the wheel wells. And they are fiberglass so I need that fixed ASAP. Before I crack the bed. And the front needs to be lowered lol. It's up about 1-2" just a few bugs and it'll be good. Looks like I may still need to notch the frame I thought I had enough room, so I'm not sure yet when the wheels fit under the fenders it may hit frame. We will see.