RADIO HELP!!

So i got a kenwood double din dnx6180. this just happend yesterday ofcourse when i gota take a trip things act up. anyway got in the truck yesterday after work to head out of town started driving and only sound i got was the bass from the subwoofer. turned the radio off with power button(truck still running so no key cycles)turned it back on and i had sound so i thought nothing of it untill stoped at a gas station shut truck off came back out start same thing no sound just bass turned radio on and off as did before and nothing messed around with it for 45min or so with no luck getting sound finnaly got to place could cycle key again so i did. when i restarted the truck i got a faint ticking/popping noise coming from the little speaker on the passanger A-pilar it stayed this way whole trip. you can hear it "popping" while the bass hits. now this morning got in and all works fine. anybody have any similar issues like this or have any avdise.

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your factory Bose amp could be messed up. Have you talked to your local car audio shop? They may have delt with a similar problem.

no the only shop we had closed up no just got a best buy for car audio... but im pretty knowledgeable when it come to this area... im guna throw my factory back in along with a PAC see if that has any effect here in nxt day or 2 when i got time...

Happend too me went back and checked the wiring and just hit the reset button and it word all fine P.S. Mines the shittiest stereo ever previous owner put in so i dont know if kenwoods have a reset button Or pionner mines on the way.P.S. Check your wiring and the ground

perfect thanks i always thought that was just for sercurity.... so over lunch hoped in the truck started it radio loadssame issue making that popping noise held the reset when it rebooted i didnt tune any of my hzt,lpf,hpf and equlizer to see if some of my settings had it messed up and that didnt make any difference. im stumped i stoped out to best buy and they gave me this 3 prong resistor to install thing is they didnt say where im uploading a pic of what they gave me will post here ina few Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Well got it fingered out i think. Im pretty sure the factory bose amp is shitting out...so what to do now buy 4 channle amp n or buy factory bose amp.i wrk for a dealership so price shouldn't be to crazy we'll find out im the morning thanks for the help guys

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)