RADIO HELP!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I PMd him but never returned. I already have a aftermarket stereo installed its list in sig. That's how ik it's my Bose cause radio is sending signal to my amp and sound(bass) from the sub and I put it back to factory still same thing but. I talked to a member last night that said I could use the PAC that I use to run a sub off factory radio. He suggested to hook the PAC to my factory harness and plug in to the gms-04. Then hook a set of RCAs from the jacks off the PAC to the head unit and that'll give me sound with bypassing the Bose amp and don't have to run any new wire. This sound right?

If i'm understanding you right you're trying to keep the bose speakers and bypass the amp? Be cautious doing that if that is what you're saying. Bose is tricky because it uses a 2 ohm load i believe, that is why it's tricky to match speakers to use with the factory amp. not using the bose amp with the speakers may result in poor performance or damaging the speakers not sure what kind of power the bose speakers will pull from the radio with the 2 ohm load. it may be fine

If i'm understanding you right you're trying to keep the bose speakers and bypass the amp? Be cautious doing that if that is what you're saying. Bose is tricky because it uses a 2 ohm load i believe, that is why it's tricky to match speakers to use with the factory amp. not using the bose amp with the speakers may result in poor performance or damaging the speakers not sure what kind of power the bose speakers will pull from the radio with the 2 ohm load. it may be fine

my headunit is listed in sig that should be putting out 2ohm power...i was told as long as im not pushing over 30rms itd be fine.. but how do i measure that?? Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

my headunit is listed in sig...i was told as long as im not pushing over 30rms itd be fine.. but how do i measure that??

it's going to be 22 rms coming straight off the radio, but i don't know if that's rated for 4 ohm speakers or not or if it matters

Like above, head unit will put 22w rms to each speaker at a 4ohm load. Your Bose speakers are going to be a 2ohm load. Need to check and see if the head unit will support a 2ohm load or you will be making it very warm, if not kissing the amp in it goodbye. I personally would run new wires to the doors. Whoever told you to do that might be right. Seems very confusing and a cluster ****.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Like above, head unit will put 22w rms to each speaker at a 4ohm load. Your Bose speakers are going to be a 2ohm load. Need to check and see if the head unit will support a 2ohm load or you will be making it very warm, if not kissing the amp in it goodbye. I personally would run new wires to the doors. Whoever told you to do that might be right. Seems very confusing and a cluster ****. Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

well with the proper harness (PAC Unit) which i believe he tried, it would convert to the proper ohm load if going through the amp, however he thinks the amp is causing issues so he's attempting to bypass the amp and direct wire the speakers but that's where the ohm load of the radio and speaker would conflict. safe route, run wires to new 4 ohm speakers or replace amp with factory amp or another amp that gives you the proper watts at 2 ohms to run factory speaker system. Or risk it and run your bose 2 ohm speakers on your 4 ohm 22 rms radio output, but i can't promise it will work or stay working.

Edited by SilveradoSS2003 (see edit history)

I'm by no means telling you what to do but if it were mine, I'd just re wire it from scratch.

unless he changes speakers or gets a different amp, re-wiring will have no effect on the problem. His aftermarket deck will not give the proper ohm load needed for the factory speakers, it will with the PAC unit but that mates it to run with the factory amp. If his amp did indeed fail, it needs replaced or the system needs to be re-wired with proper 4 ohm speakers to match his 4 ohm output from the aftermarket deck and/ or another aftermarket amp designed to work at the proper watt and ohm load for the stock speakers will need to be installed which then would require wiring from scratch as well. He is going to attempt to run the stock 2 ohm speakers on a 4 ohm 22 Rms output at his own discretion, I and others have warned that there may be ill effects by doing this. Just wiring the speakers around the amp will not be a definite solution, and could result in more damage.

I have a question. Are all the Bose speakers 2ohm? or could it be that the tweets and midbass in the door are 4ohm wired parallel? I never messed with the Bose stuff. I knew I was going to replace all that shit anyway.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I have a question. Are all the Bose speakers 2ohm? or could it be that the tweets and midbass in the door are 4ohm wired parallel? I never messed with the Bose stuff. I knew I was going to replace all that shit anyway. Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I personally don't know that one, It is possible. I know some of the "Monsoon" systems run different variants of ohm so it's possible ours does as well, if that's the case he could fix that section of wiring to make them compatible with the HU but he'd possibly lose his tweeters then. I'm content with my Bose but if it goes I'll then swap it out but for now it sounds great with my subs IMO.

Edited by SilveradoSS2003 (see edit history)