RADIO HELP!!

I'm by no means telling you what to do but if it were mine, I'd just re wire it from scratch.

unless he changes speakers or gets a different amp, re-wiring will have no effect on the problem. His aftermarket deck will not give the proper ohm load needed for the factory speakers, it will with the PAC unit but that mates it to run with the factory amp. If his amp did indeed fail, it needs replaced or the system needs to be re-wired with proper 4 ohm speakers to match his 4 ohm output from the aftermarket deck and/ or another aftermarket amp designed to work at the proper watt and ohm load for the stock speakers will need to be installed which then would require wiring from scratch as well. He is going to attempt to run the stock 2 ohm speakers on a 4 ohm 22 Rms output at his own discretion, I and others have warned that there may be ill effects by doing this. Just wiring the speakers around the amp will not be a definite solution, and could result in more damage.

I was in a hurry and didn't clarify. I know replacing speakers was talked about, that is the route I was referring to. 2 ohm speakers without 2 ohm stable amp (internal or external makes no difference) is definitely no good. I imagine he could find a nice 2 ohm stable 4 channel amp though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless he changes speakers or gets a different amp, re-wiring will have no effect on the problem. His aftermarket deck will not give the proper ohm load needed for the factory speakers, it will with the PAC unit but that mates it to run with the factory amp. If his amp did indeed fail, it needs replaced or the system needs to be re-wired with proper 4 ohm speakers to match his 4 ohm output from the aftermarket deck and/ or another aftermarket amp designed to work at the proper watt and ohm load for the stock speakers will need to be installed which then would require wiring from scratch as well. He is going to attempt to run the stock 2 ohm speakers on a 4 ohm 22 Rms output at his own discretion, I and others have warned that there may be ill effects by doing this. Just wiring the speakers around the amp will not be a definite solution, and could result in more damage.

i took your advise and held off doing anything with it as I think I have found another factory Bose amp at a reasonable price cheaper than any 4channel. And possibly spearkers i just couldn't chance it i rather have a 50/50 shot now than nothing or static from blown speakers. So hopefully il have a new Bose amp in the next week or so. And we'll go from there just have to put up with it for it for time being. Thanks for the knowagleable in silveradoss2003 big help

i took your advise and held off doing anything with it as I think I have found another factory Bose amp at a reasonable price cheaper than any 4channel. And possibly spearkers i just couldn't chance it i rather have a 50/50 shot now than nothing or static from blown speakers. So hopefully il have a new Bose amp in the next week or so. And we'll go from there just have to put up with it for it for time being. Thanks for the knowagleable in silveradoss2003 big help

No problem man, I'm no expert and you may be able to pull it off by wiring around the amp, I just don't want you being out speakers and an amp if its just your amp, I also am not trying to tell you what to do, just merely advise in what I could see may go wrong. I don't want to tell you something that may break more stuff so i'd rather be the guy telling you to be safe than sorry :dbanana: you did try a new PAC unit correct? I've heard having a bad unit can cause static and popping before with bose

Well i see you have tried a PAC from earlier in the thread but it seems like yours is a different setup then mine, I'm using the PAC unit to make my kenwood work with all the factory stuff and don't recall it having RCA plug ins on it. I'm running my sub and sub amp off the radio sub pre-amp outs. but still utilizing the factory bose amp. From what i understood, it made the radio signal compatible to the factory amp. via the PAC unit

i only used the PAC for 30min maybe with the factory radio untill i relized that did solve my issue never tryed it as i was talking with inertgrading it into aftermarket radio setup. didnt like the odds of messing it up even more. but will give udate when i get my new bose amp

i only used the PAC for 30min maybe with the factory radio untill i relized that did solve my issue never tryed it as i was talking with inertgrading it into aftermarket radio setup. didnt like the odds of messing it up even more. but will give udate when i get my new bose amp

okay, when i was having some issues i removed it when switching back to factory radio, i didn't know you could use it with it, like mentioned i only knew of it to make aftermarket radios compatible to the factory bose amp and speakers.

okay, when i was having some issues i removed it when switching back to factory radio, i didn't know you could use it with it, like mentioned i only knew of it to make aftermarket radios compatible to the factory bose amp and speakers.

ya thats how your able to run a subwoofer off a a factory radio....well i just recived my new bose amp monday big thanks to chevyman57 great guy. But hope to get it installed friday well see what happens

havent got the new one in yet been to busy at work but im going to hopefully get it done todays since i went since friday afternoon till this mornings ride to work with no sound acted up all weekend i only drove it a mile or 2 each day just to see if it work with no luck...

well guys after a hr n half tear down swap amps and reinstall THEIR IS NO PROGRAMMING REQUIRED!!! and i got music everytime i start the truck...so far so good.. thanks for all the help guys and big shout out to chevyman57 for the amp and silveradoss2003 for all the very knowalgable avdise and help